RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes. We work with governments, businesses, foundations, universities, and other clients and partners to improve the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 5,000 tackles hundreds of projects to address complex social and scientific challenges facing our clients and the people and communities they serve. Our experts hold degrees in more than 250 scientific, technical, and professional disciplines across the social and laboratory sciences, and international development fields. RTI works in more than 75 countries and maintains offices on four continents. Our headquarters is located in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. Our dedication to innovative, objective research and technical services makes RTI an outstanding partner for clients around the world whose greatest challenges demand rigorous approaches and science-based solutions.
RTI is seeking a Compliance Advisor to serve as a recognized expert in a broad range of compliance and performance matters in providing support of the CDC Tanzania, the Ministry of Health (MOH), and the PEPFAR interagency team.
- Serve as an advisor to the Extramural Branch Chief on all issues related to proper compliance to the USG rules and regulations by implementing partners receiving cooperative agreement/grant funding under the PEPFAR Tanzania portfolio.
- Provide extensive review of implementing partners operation process to ensure compliance of Notice of Grants Awards (NGA). The review requires World Documentation of discussions and recommendation on next steps. Deliverables are shared with the Extramural Team to ensure compliance of the NGA.
- Provide IP guidance and training annually on the Notice of Grants Award (NGA) and Grants Policy and Administration Manual (GPAM) to ensure IPs are in compliance with regulations pertaining to allocation of USG funds.
- Conduct site-visits across Tanzania to monitor implementing partners and ensure proper compliance with USG rules and regulations.
- Conduct annual review of work plans and budgets for compliance with Tanzania Country Operating Plan guidance.
- Review Management Decision Letters (MDL) to ensure all findings pertaining to audits of implementing partners are addressed. Draft appropriate corrective action plan and monitor for audit resolutions follow-up.
- Assist cooperative agreement team in tracking progress of all implementing partners’ audit resolutions including reports of outstanding audit reports and recommendation of corrective actions.
- Coordinate with PEPFAR office, Project Officers, and other agencies to communicate, attend meetings, and share compliance reports by implementing partners.
- Travel in-country and international to fulfill a specific programs monitoring or training requirements and share PEPFAR guidance and knowledge in extramural, financial, and program management with CDC staff and implementing partners.
- Bachelor’s in Science and a minimum of five years experience in oversight, infrastructure, compliance, audit or HIV/AIDS health consulting in a resource-limited setting.
- Minimum of two years prior experience working for PEPFAR programs.
- Working level proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient in English and Kiswahili required
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to ITOPSS@rti.org. Please use Tanzania: Compliance Advisor in the subject line.