We are looking for an experienced, driven Construction Supervisor with construction experience. To ensure success, the ideal candidate should be comfortable splitting their hours between the office, on-site visits and engaging the communities.
The Construction Supervisor plans and oversees the construction site. They lead crews, ensure safety regulations and health codes are observed, and that work is completed on time. Construction supervisors handle various administrative duties, like developing contracts. They should be critical thinkers and have a sound subject knowledge of mathematics and physics to identify and solve construction problems. You must also possess a certain level of creativity in order to present innovative solutions and improvements to technical processes. The successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate ideas, make recommendations, and negotiate project details with their team, subcontractors, and communities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, architecture or related field
- Registration/Licensure as a Professional Engineer may be required.
- A minimum of three years’ industry knowledge may be strongly desired.
- Familiarity with design software, such as Autodesk, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and MicroStation.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a high level of accuracy in calculations and design.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Leadership skills to effectively manage a diverse group of labor working on projects.
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.
- Developing detailed designs.
- Doing feasibility assessments and site inspections.
- Preparing and implementing project plans.
- Researching and providing estimates for projects.
- Reviewing government regulations and ordinances.
- Monitoring and optimizing safety procedures, production processes, and regulatory compliance.
- Making recommendations or presenting alternative solutions to problems.
- Confidently liaising with communities and subcontractors.
- Project management duties (e.g. managing budgets, resources, and deadlines; acquiring and compiling quotes, etc.).
- Application Letter (PDF)
- Recommendation Letter (PDF)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with 3 references from former employers (PDF)
- Academic certificates (PDF)
- Results Transcripts (PDF)
Applicants must apply online through the link below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Deadline will be 23rd May 2021. For technical support please contact [email protected].