We are searching for an experienced Consultant, Governance at our Dar Es Salaam facility.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
The Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment and Virus Elimination project, or ACHIEVE, is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and implemented by a Pact-led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide and WI-HER. These core partners are being supported by a network of global and local strategic resource partners. ACHIEVE focuses on priority PEPFAR countries across Africa, Southeast Asia and the Caribbean. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations. Using best practices and expertise along with innovations, the project is addressing critical gaps to meet country-specific epidemic control goals.
Purpose of Position
Palladium is seeking a Governance Consultant Advisor, based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, to government led task force focusing on MVC data system integration.
Duration: 70 days at part time, beginning March 1
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Travel: 30% travel (if permitted given COVID situation)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the secretariat for the government led task force on MVC system integration between UNICEF and USAID supported longitudinal case management systems.
- Conduct a rapid assessment of information needs of users of integrated systems, data collection forms to harmonize, and infrastructure required for proposed integration.
- Draft Costed Implementation Plan (CIP) for integration of MVC data system with other systems
- Conduct a series of workshops to validate findings, proposals and draft CIP with task force.
- Degree in public health, statistics, health informatics, or a related field
- Significant relevant experience advising on health management information systems
- Experience working in ICT/Informatics Governance;
- Knowledge of project management principles and work with multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong organizational, stakeholder management and people skills;
- Ability to effectively write technical documents; lead meetings, conduct trainings and deliver presentations.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.