Trias East-Africa and the Tanzania Chamber of Commerce Industry and Agriculture are looking for a competent consultant or consulting firm to conduct a study on cross-border trade. The study is a crucial part of the EU funded programme “Building bridges: evidence-based dialogue through participatory research”. The programme aims to contribute to an improved business environment and higher participation of SMEs and private sector organisations (PSOs) in the realization of the FYDPII. The study is expected to consist of the following elements;
a) Perform an in-depth analysis of the obstacles and opportunities of doing cross border trade and its impact on the industrialization agenda. The study will explore the linkage between cross-border trade and the FYDPII as described in the FYDPII p34-35, and uncover the linkage between the Tanzanian industrial policy and trade policy (FYDPII p.31).
b) Identify opportunities for regional integration, regional trade and comparative advantages between Tanzania and its neighboring countries.
c) Identify practical issues that traders encounter when importing or exporting goods and services and provide recommendations for improvement
Expected results of the study
The consultant(s) is expected to deliver an inception report, draft report and a final report (detailed table of contents to be found in the detailed ToR)
How to apply:
Qualified and interested consultants are requested to submit a proposal, including:
- Profile of the consultancy company and CVs of the team of consultants
- Experience: summary of a sample of relevant previous work implemented by the consultancy company
- An overview of how you intend to implement the study, clearly highlighting the methodology and tools which you will use for data collection, analysis and visualization.
- A section indicating the preventative measures against the corona virus you will use while conducting the study, collecting data and disseminating the study results.
- Detailed timetable and budget (including a break-down: consultancy fees, transport, per diems, accommodation, other)
Submission of proposal and deadline
A more detailed ToR is available on request at email@example.com. Interested firms or individual consultants can submit their technical and financial proposal by e-mail
The proposal shall be submitted to Trias Tanzania no later than 30 July 2020 at 11:59 pm (midnight). to firstname.lastname@example.org