Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 3 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers.
In India, the company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed DSL broadband, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services and mobile commerce.
Bharti Airtel had over 335 million customers across its operations at the end of August 2015. To know more please visit, www.airtel.com
Consumer Protection Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About the job
Airtel Tanzania PLC is one of the leading providers of telecommunications and mobile money services with operations across Tanzania. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, Airtel Tanzania ranks amongst the top 3 mobile services providers in Tanzania in terms of subscribers. Airtel Tanzania offers an integrated suite of telecommunications solutions to its subscribers, including mobile voice , data services as well as mobile money services both nationally and internationally. Airtel Tanzania aims to continue providing a simple and intuitive customer experience through streamlined customer journeys.
Airtel Tanzania PLC was launched in October 2001 and is Tanzania’s most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunications sector.
Airtel Tanzania PLC is looking for a suitable candidate for the Consumer Protection Manager Position. The Consumer Protection Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of Financial Consumer Protection and Compliance for Airtel Money Consumers.
Key Responsibilities ;
- Ensuring annual review and board approving Airtel Money financial consumer protection policy.
- Ensuring that Airtel Money has appropriate systems and processes are in place for effective implementation of financial consumer protection policy.
- Ensuring that Airtel Money has adequate processes in place for providing information necessary for monitoring and evaluation of the consumer protection initiatives.
- Providing consumer protection compliance guidance after review of current and proposed systems, products and marketing materials.
- Ensuring information sharing of consumer protection among functional units including complaint statistics, fraud reports and legal claims.
- Ensure disclosure in respect of accountability, transparency, complaint handling process and other redress channels.
- Review of financial product or service to identify, monitor and control consumer protection risks.
- Ensuring adequate control mechanisms to safeguard consumers’ assets against incidences of fraud, misappropriation and misuse.
- Ensure procedures in place that aim to protect consumers’ deposits and other assets against internal or external fraud or misuse.
- Ensure procedures are available to resolve cases of suspected fraud or misuse regarding consumers’ accounts.
- Ensure that periodic audit for control systems to ascertain consumer protection adequacy and effectiveness to guard against breaches are conducted.
- Monitor regular update of systems to guide against possible security lapses; and
- Perform periodic internal risk assessment to identify and assess data security risks on systems and appropriate control to restrict and monitor access to consumers’ information database.
- Customer User Experience (all channels)
- Superagent User Experience (all channels)
- Bulk Pay User Experience
- Collection accounts User Experience
- Product journeys
- Customer painpoints
Qualifications and Experience;
- A Bachelor’s degree Business majoring in IT or Engineering
- A postgraduate degree in Finance , or CPA is an added advantage
- 5 + years’ work experience
- At least 2 years Mobile Finance Experience
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Power Point,Excel & Word)
- Ability to work well & deliver as part of a virtual team
- Ability to quickly identify and balance risks/rewards associated with initiatives
- Ability to communicate issues/concerns and recommend corrective course of action
Deadline for receiving applications is 31st December 2020.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“Airtel Tanzania Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”. .