Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Control Room Operator to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Process Plant department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: First Line Leader Process Plant Operations
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift / 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Off
- Constantly proactive in ensuring prime product protection.
- To ensure compliance to Operational Safe Work Procedures, Process and Metallurgical guidelines and directives while operating the CIL plant.
- Monitor and maintain control room functions to optimize the Process Plant throughput, reagent dosing, recovery with minimum cost.
- Maintaining clear lines of communication with Process Operations, Metallurgical and Maintenance personnel to ensure timeous response to operational issues.
- Maintaining clear lines of communication with Emergency and Medical Staff in case of Emergency.
- Immediate response and action to underperforming circuits from control room monitoring, minimum downtime and maximum efficiency.
- Active monitoring all plant operating parameters to achieve optimum recovery of metals
- Demonstrates cleanliness and a high standard of work and keeping work space consistently clean at the start and end of shifts.
- Ensure accurate production record keeping and ensure and timely submitted
- To ensure compliance to Process Plant operating within set parameters and procedures
- To assist the First Line Leader (FLL) in leading the shift and act as relief FLL.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Form IV Secondary education
- FTC/Trade – Test grade 1 in mineral processing/ equivalent (I)
- A3 – 5 years’ experience in Process plant operations including gravity recovery, base metals flotation and gold production
- Control room operator experience will be advantageous
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health andSafety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 11th October 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com