AGA KHAN EDUCATION SERVICE TANZANIA
Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKESJ), is a private, not for profit, service company registered under the Companies Act and operates three schools in Tanzania. The vision of AKESJ is to provide accessible, world-class education, which prepares students to become self-confident, open-minded articulate and ethical young people with academic qualifications to enable them to make productive contributions to their own community and their wider society. AKES, T is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
AKES, T is looking to hire competent staff for the following position based in Dar es Salaam:
PYP Coordinator – Aga Khan Primary School
The PYP Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership and coordination of the PYP/Learning and Teaching program within the school.
The PYP Coordinator will be expected to work with grade level and subject teaching teams, and the parent community, demonstrating outstanding communication skills.
Applicants should have the following qualification and experience;
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Education for an accredited college or university with extensive knowledge of (IB-PYP) curriculum.
- At least 3 years’ experience in (IB-PYP) practicing and teaching classes
- Extensive understanding of (IB-PYP) standards and practices.
- Should have strong ability to support teachers in implementing the IB PYP expectations through collaborative planning and lesson modelling.
- Participate in the formation of the schools strategic development plan together with school management team
- Ensure availability of IB publications pertaining to IB-PYP section are shared to all staff members
- Provide outreach to the wider PYP community through OCC discussion forums, and evaluation school visit
- Set up system for communication and collaboration among all staff members involved in implementing the PYP programme.
- Support teachers and students involvement in IB-PYP exhibition in the final year of the program
How to Apply
Applicants should send a letter of application describing experience, along with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of education certificates (certified by TCU if studied out of Tanzania) and contact information of three confidential referees, including current Head of School or Line Manager.
It should be addressed to:
HR – Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania and should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] or mail to P.O.Box 125, Dar es Salaam. Please ensure you include an email address. Closing date for applications:05th February 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network