Coordinator, Digital Health Project AKHST
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading provider of high- quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focuses on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
The Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania and are connected via an integrated health systems that supports a strong continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine.
We are seeking for enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following positions:
Position Title: COORDINATOR, DIGITAL HEALTH PROJECT, AKHST (1 POSITION)
The incumbent, Coordinator for Digital Health Services will be responsible for the overall leadership of operational, financial, programmatic and personnel activities for Digital Health including Telehealth at AKHST. The Executive is responsible for building a cross-functional team to establish and maintain a strong AKHST Health’s digital front door and digital health services, aimed at engaging patients & partners to enable them to access services. He/ She will work closely with a variety of stakeholders, including close partners in Information Technology, Marketing, and Physician Informatics. The role includes establishing and continuously monitoring the goals and objectives of the project while maintaining alignment with the strategic goals and objectives for the organization. While the range of duties and responsibilities is broad and varied, the position’s major responsibility is directing day-to-day operations of the digital health services. The Coordinator works closely with a variety of stakeholders, coordinating the activities of Digital Health and Telehealth across the country and beyond. He/She is responsible for direct running and supervision of the Telehealth operations team and will maintain relationships with other key staff members of the organization.
- Contribute to the success of the AKHST providing direction and coordination of operations, for area of responsibility.
- Serves as the key lead on Digital Health coordination and ensure evidence based data driven activity to AKHST in order to facilitate information and data sharing between the participating institutions
- Continually assesses all services, identifies problems, utilizes data to analyze and propose innovative approaches for solutions.
- Leads and/or serves on a variety of appropriate internal and external committees to represent the Digital Health domain.
- Maintaining relationship with Insurances companies and NHIF
- Ensure use of digital platforms and communication to support staff professional development centered around access to evidence-based medicine resources
- Ensure use of data to strengthen the referral network linking other hospitals (public and private), OHCs and PMCs to Aga Khan Hospital in Dar es Salaam
- Maintain records related to operations and services that are complete, accurate, available, and in compliance with all legal, regulatory, and policy requirements.
- Remains current of new trends and best practices and incorporates into Digital Health practices and programs.
- Demonstrate achievable and measurable results on telemedicine consultations and develop action plans for improvement.
- Ensures development of Digital Health initiatives to improve patient satisfaction and family centered care.
- Develops and implements clinical outcome measures for quality improvement, cost and complication reduction, and the implementation of evidence-based medicine.
- Actively listens to sstakeholders’ ideas and concerns, assesses for adaptability to the project
- Eeffectively facilitates meetings on Digital Health services at both organizational and stakeholders- level.
- Creates bi-directional systems that effectively communicate information and data, utilizing multiple methods to encourage use of digital health services.
- Explore extension of digital health consultations to other interested international stakeholders
- Articulates and presents data, information and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Manages the complex interdepartmental and interdisciplinary relationships to assure collaboration and effective/efficient operations within Digital Health.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Medicine, Nursing or other relevant field
- Preferred Master’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Medicine, Nursing or other relevant field.
- Minimum Eight (4) years of relevant experience, including three (3) years of management experience in, innovation, digital health services, information technology, patient engagement, healthcare operations or other relevant field
- Preferred Experience in a large academic or complex health program
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to include the ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts and build teams.
- Demonstrated creativity and flexibility.
- Ability to operate in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated innovative approach to problem resolution.
- Demonstrated commitment to patient- and family centered care.
- Broad knowledge of modern health care administration practices and principles within a managed care environment and/or an academic medical center.
- Effective organizational, planning and project management abilities.
- Ability to function independently and deal with multiple, simultaneous projects.
Effective leadership abilities:
- Ability to implement change in a positive, sensitive and forward- thinking manner
- Planning and problem solving
- Developing goals and objectives, and establishing priorities
- Inspires confidence, appropriate risk taking and achievement of high standards
- Self-starter with a willingness to try new ideas
- Positive, can-do attitude coupled with a sense of urgency
- Ability to persuade others and develop consensus
- Ability to create win/win solutions and relationships
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
The deadline for submitting the application is 07 March 2021