Position: Coordinator – Systems Accountant
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Do you have excellent analytical skills? Do you like
solving problems? Are you able to combine expertise in information technology, accounting and financial management?
Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- You are naturally inquisitive, thrives on troubleshooting and finding creative solutions.
- You have extreme attention to detail.
- You’re a team player that loves to share ideas with an upbeat positive attitude and have a great sense of humour!
What you’ll do
- Review and maintain the financial and supply chain systems performance, identifying and resolving any issues.
- Coordinate the annual budgeting process and the regular forecasting processes. This includes providing training to all budget and forecast users
- Continue development of both internal and external reporting to better inform the organisation.
- Identify opportunities for operational improvements. This will include developing software or procedure modifications that will allow for better utilisation of financial and procurement software
- Coordinate financial system upgrades. Reviewing upgrades for new functionality that can be implemented to improve current processes.
- Collaborate with the Head of Department and Finance Manager on Risk and Compliance.
- Supervise and coordinate the day-to-day responsibilities of the Systems Accountants – Officers.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field and 4 years’ experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting data.
- Experience using accounting and financial reporting experience.
- Experience with complex relational databases and dashboards.
- Ability to plan, implement, monitor, report and drive continuous improvement of various department activities and projects.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
- A person who is open-minded and collaborative.
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/FN/01/22)
Applications close on 11 April 2022
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!