VisionFund International (VFI) is the world’s largest Christian microfinance network. For more than a decade we have been improving the lives of children across the developing world, as we provide small loans and other financial services to families struggling in poverty.
As the microfinance subsidiary of World Vision, the world’s largest Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation, we work in 28 countries through our network of affiliated microfinance institutions (MFIs) located across the globe in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. We have an outstanding loan portfolio of nearly US$429 million, serve over 1million active borrowers and impact the lives of over 3.4 million children each year
Sharing the same vision as World Vision, VFI aims to provide ‘life in all its fullness’ to children as their parents receive small loans, improve their businesses and increase in ability to care for their children as family incomes multiply..
Purpose of the Position:
The Core Banking Systems (CBS) manager is dedicated to planning, administering and supporting VisionFund’s Core Banking Systems across the VFI network. He/she ensures MFI adoption of and compliance with VFI standards in information technology, as well as be able to manage related IT Risks. He/she plays a role as a business and system analyst on core systems through gathering business requirements, change initiatives of systems, related business process improvements, and system release management. Lead and support system implementations and/or upgrades, and requisite customizations system and software related support request.
- Responsible for the ownership, accountability and delivery of key Core Banking Systems projects.
- Support MFIs with system upgrades and implementations, to ensure that the MFI has resourced the project correctly, that appropriate contracts are in place with vendors, and that the various phases of the project are designed correctly and executed to plan.
- TPM oversight can include software vendors certification to monitor project project progress, approve vendor resourcing and provide key decision-making.
Support MFIs in making decisions on the selection and deployment of Core banking Systems:
- VFI has identified global strategic platforms and standards, The MFI is responsible for local implementations and the CBS manager is responsible for overall strategic alignments with VFI standards and initiatives.
- Will work with MFIs in designing how their systems can help improve their business processes and controls.
- The CBS manager ensures the design is sound in functional verticals (credit, savings, insurance, mobile), addresses cross functional interdependencies and adhere to VFI strategic goals.
Oversee related projects at country level on the gathering of functional specification for the MFI, in line with VF standards:
- Evaluation, clarification and correction of standards to reflect VF global strategy and to ensure continued industry leading best practices.
- Finding a balance between enforcing current standards and developing those based on lessons learned.
- Propose, develop and implement plans for centralization and shared services in terms of connectivity, hardware and support, plus supporting other operational shared functions, for Core Banking Systems (VF strategic platforms).
Critical Knowledge, Technical Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of project management experience working to recognized PM methodologies.
- Experience of leading a number of successful microfinance/banking systems implementations, ideally in developing countries.
- Understanding of microfinance/retail banking operations, from a credit, financial, risk and systems perspective.
- Educated to degree level, in information technology or related discipline.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE2 or related project management qualification/certification.
- Requirement for Spanish and/or French in addition to English.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% -40% of the time.
VisionFund International aims to be diverse and inclusive organisation and candidates of all backgrounds and cultures are welcomed.
We are dedicated to all our staff development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
The deadline for submitting the application is 03 September, 2020.