Open Position: Corporate Affairs Head (1 position)
Office Location: Kilombero, Morogoro
Reports To: Country MD
Date of Advert: 06th April 2023
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSCL), the largest producer of sugar in the country operating
cohesively with Illovo Distillers Tanzania Limited (IDTL) and a member of Illovo Sugar Africa
Limited (Africa’s largest sugar producer). The Company now invites applicants who are selfmotivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill above mentioned position at Kilombero.
The successful candidate will develop stakeholder strategy, identify and address reputational and
stakeholder related concers and risks and ensure mitigation plans are put in place. Develop sound
relations with government and media to ensure that stakeholders are informed and supportive
towards the organization and the industry.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategies, policies and operational plans for corporate affairs in
- Develop and implement stakeholder strategies, including stakeholder identification,
engagement and relationship maintenance plans.
- Build and maintain external stakeholder database.
- Engage with legal and other internal stakeholders; to develop communications strategies
for identified issues, including engagements with relevant external stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate social investments, donations, media relations and events on behalf of Illovo
- Handle media relations, queries and information on behalf of Illovo in country.
- Lead crisis management pertaining to our reputation and issues affecting entities in the
communities where we operate.
- Provide input on regulatory and sustainability matters, and implement related executive
decisions and facilitate engagements with relevant stakeholders.
- Engage with and contribute to relevant external advisory bodies.
- Support building of sustainability and community development plans.
- Develop, implement and manage in-Country Integrated Communications strategy.
- Initiate and develop the business case for key capital projects, ensuring required outcomes
are delivered; e.g, Hosting a round table/panel discussion with government, industry
players and media on issues affecting the sugar industry.
JOB QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven track record of working in African economies
- Knowledge of industrial business and government workings.
- Bachelor degree in Commerce,Law or Communications is preferred.
- 7-10 years industry experience in executive roles.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
The successful candidate will be engaged on Permanent Contract.
All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please Click Here to apply for the position on or before 20th April 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.