The incumbent will be responsible to provide leadership in designing and implementing Corporate Banking strategies for chosen market segments.
• Provide supervisory and leadership oversight across the team(s) in enhancing both the performance and engagement of team members.
• Ensure deliverance of the most effective market-oriented solutions within the corporate relationship management (CRM) framework.
• Supervise facility monitoring and interim reviews of customer borrowing facilities to align with the risk management framework.
• Provide a quality products portfolio for Corporate banking.
• Deliver a quality liability management products portfolio with profitability and cost management for the Corporate banking unit.
• Maintain quality of Credit portfolio.
• Constantly guide the Relationship Managers to ensure that credit applications are well analyzed.
• Soliciting, recruiting and maintaining relationship plans for corporate customers under own portfolio (Assets and Deposits), while ensuring that opportunities are captured and solutions are optimized.
• Increase effectiveness of the Corporate banking unit structures and systems in achieving compliance with credit policies.
• Business understanding of credit risks, policies, strategies and BoT landscape.
• Good understanding of credit analysis and appraisals.
• Cross-selling skills.
• Excellent customer service/relationship management.
• Commercial/contextual understanding.
• Strong financial and business analysis skills.
• Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
• People management skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing Statistics or related field. CPA and MBA being an added advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a corporate relationship management role, with at least a minimum of 2 years as team leader/head of commercial department.