Corporate Operations Supervisor at One Acre Fund – Tanzania
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are seeking a Corporate Operations Administrative Supervisor to perform key tasks that support a strong office culture and ensure staff can complete their roles in a safe, clean and comfortable environment. The scope of the role includes office space management, office culture support, vehicle management and visitor coordination and support.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete administrative tasks related to the office such as ensuring a clean office environment, opening and closing the office daily, developing a proper filing and management of all documents related to Corporate Operations.
- Manage the acquisition, storage and inventory of offices supplies including oversight of stock-in and stock-out systems and timely payments to key vendors.
- Ensure lunch is provided to staff in a timely, efficient, and cost effective manner including brainstorming and implementing process improvements to the office kitchen and cooking system.
- Champion the OAF culture by incorporating OAF values into your work and maintaining an office environment that supports the office culture we desire.
- Receive and support all OAF Office Guests including greeting guests and introducing them to the office environment.
- Manage the maintenance and use of the Iringa office vehicles and support the coordination of vehicle management for regional offices as well.
- Manage the staff and equipment for the office environment including cleaner and groundsman.
- Ensure a safe work environment by coordinating with OAF security staffer to ensure adherence to security protocols for the Iringa office and collaborating the set up of office security for regional offices.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong alignment with our values as an organization including humility, self-management, and respect.
- Ability to manage upwards and downwards, critical thinking and deductive reasoning.
- Strong educational background majoring in business professions, preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- An enthusiasm for learning and openness to feedback.
Language: English (full professional proficiency) is required. Kiswahili.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off