Vacancy title: Council Project Coordinators (4 Posts)
Job Grade: 6
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Project Manager
Location: Mpwapwa, Moshi MC, Arusha DC and Manyara
The Council Project Coordinator (CPC) is a self-motivated individual who will provide direct oversight and technical assistance to a district CHMT to enable them to provide quality integrated and comprehensive FP/RCH, TB and HIV services. She/he will be a focal person representing EGPAF within the district, with the primary goal to ensure quality TB, FP/RCH and HIV services delivery by supported health facilities, through coordination, technical support and monitoring of the EGPAF supported program activities and the related activities in the district CCHP. S/he reports to the Senior Project Manager who provides leadership and technical support within the region. This position requires to be stationed at the council health office, with frequent travel within the district to its health facilities.
• Coordination of district implementation plan to provide Integrated FP, TB and HIV/AIDS services
• Work closely with CHMT to coordinate program planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of activities in line with the CCHP;
• Work closely with DED and other council staff to ensure adequate and timely funding availability for implementation of program activities by CHMTs
• In case of FBOs with direct sub-agreements within the district, work closely with the management of FBOs to plan, budget and implement program activities and coordinate alignment of FBOs activities with district CCHP;
• Work closely with DTLC, DACC and DRCHCO and other key district players to ensure health facilities receive adequate and timely support;
• Translate national FP/RCH, TB and HIV program priorities to enable districts plan and budget according to their needs;
• Work with the district in enhancing collaboration amongst HIV/AIDS implementing partners;
• Collaborate with his/her direct CHMT to identify support needs in any programmatic areas.
• Provide technical assistance to districts to build capacity of district and health facility staff to offer quality integrated TB, FP/ RCH and HIV/AIDS services
• In collaboration with district supervisors, assess skills development and training needs of healthcare workers and coordinate for their relevant training
• Conduct supportive supervision and mentorship in collaboration with district teams
• Apply Quality Improvement (QI) principles throughout the district support and provide technical assistance on establishment and sustaining district and facility based QI teams
• Provide TA to district mentors to plan and implement mentorship and QI activities as per national guidelines,
• Facilitate availability of updated guidelines, including SOPs, M&E and other national tools for quality service provision;
• Support districts in providing technical assistance to health facilities on HIV commodity management; ordering, usage and reporting to avoid stock outs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• At least 5 years’ experience with MNCHand HIV/AIDS programs is essential
• Knowledge in Project Management and Quality Improvement
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Computer literacy, with comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Ms Outlook) Should be fluent in both Kiswahili and English
• Graduate degree in health or social sciences
• Master’s in Public Health would be advantageous
Job application procedure
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to:
P.O. BOX 1628, 395 Ursino Park, Mwai Kibaki Road,
Morocco.Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
Deadline: 31st January, 2020. Only shortlisted will be contacted.