Country Director Norwegian Church Aid Tanzania
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) has been working together with strong partnerships and Norwegian agencies in Tanzania since 1965. NCA has worked to make positive changes within different thematic areas and hopes to be part of a lasting and meaningful transformation in the country. In Tanzania, NCA mainly works through faith-based partners and the new Country Directory will be responsible for the successful implementation of a new country strategy 2020-2024 where the main priorities will be Faith based approaches to strengthening civil society, Ending Gender based violence, Climate Smart Economic Empowerment, and Fighting Inequality. NCA is grant manager for a special agreement with the Haydom Lutheran Hospital (HLH). NCA operates with an annual budget of around 40 MNOK.
As our new Country Director, you will expertly represent programme priorities to donors and regional partners while providing effective leadership to the highly qualified NCA local staff members. The role is a hands-on position and your success will be determined by the level of direct engagement in programme development, oversight of projects, fundraising for new projects and representing the agency to stakeholders. As Country Director, you make use of your excellent communications skills in retaining and developing relations, internally and externally with the head office in Oslo, have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, and thrive in evolving and challenging environments.
In NCA, we seek leaders who are motivated by our vision, our work and our values, and who wish to take part in developing our organizational- and leadership culture. In order to reach our goals, we need leaders who are able to set direction, lead change, develop organizational culture and use our human and financial resources in the best possible way.
The position is a three-year position, based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Please note that Tanzania is classified as a low-risk, family duty station.
To apply for the position, click “apply job” above the ad.
Duties and responsibilities
• Set strategic leadership by prioritizing and organizing actions and resources to achieve objectives and contribute to countrywide strategy development.
• Develop and manage local staff as well as collaborate with faith-based and civil society partners, including capacity building and professional development.
• Proactively engage and network with donor, INGOs, and the private sector in order to achieve NCA’s funding priorities and strategies.
• Responsible for strengthening relationships, including representation and networking with official authorities, donors, and partners.
• Solid leadership experience in international relief and development programmes, including demonstrable success in managing (large, complex, transitional) development programmes.
• Proven experience with long-term aid, emergency and advocacy work, preferably in Africa and within NCA programme areas.
• Experience from working with church-based organizations/societies, and proven representation, negotiation, communication with religious leaders.
• Demonstrated experience multi-tasking and success in securing funding for country programmes.
• Good knowledge of Norwegian policies and priorities in development aid.
• Relevant higher education.
• Motivated by managing and developing personnel towards achieving common goals.
• Ability to inspire and build capacities among staff and partners.
• Culturally sensitive with excellent communication and decision-making skills.
• Commitment to collaborating with faith based and multi-religious networks.
• Loyal to Norwegian Church Aid’s Christian values and accept the Code of Conduct.
We can offer
• Exciting and meaningful projects with one of Norway’s largest humanitarian organizations.
• Competitive terms and conditions and a comprehensive insurance and pension plan.
NCA uses an electronic recruitment portal. Candidates are kindly asked to submit their CV and application through this electronic recruitment portal. We also require all candidates to upload a copy of relevant certificates and diplomas as part of the application. Please note that we only consider candidates who submit their application through this electronic recruitment portal.