COUNTRY MANAGER // TANZANIA
Founded in 2015, JUMO is a full technology stack for building and running financial services. Our mission is to empower emerging market entrepreneurs all over the world with powerful financial choices. As of December 2019, we have served over 15 million customers and disbursed over a billion USD.
We are more than just a fintech company and we’re looking for someone who wants more than just a job. The work you’ll do will require you to be intellectually curious, be a clear and strategic thinker and be capable of working with and co-ordinating multiple teams in order to achieve your goals. You’ll be working closely with the African Operations Team, Leadership Team and functional leads to grow the JUMO Tanzania business.
As Country Manager Tanzania you will be accountable for the success of JUMO Tanzania. You will be based in Dar es Salaam and will report to the Africa Operations Director in Cape Town.
To operate and grow the Tanzania business in line with the JUMO Africa strategy by deploying the JUMO technology stack to connect entrepreneurs and consumers to inclusive financial services.
- In coordination with other teams, set the country strategy for JUMO within Tanzania, aligned to and integrated with the overall JUMO mission and JUMO Africa strategy.
- Strategic engagements with existing and potential partners. Leveraging your existing networks, identifying key influencers and initiating engagements to build strong partnerships that are mutually beneficial. Counterparties include:
- Capital providers such as Tier 1 FSPs, MFIs, Debt, Government and Development funds.
- MNOs, wallet providers, affiliates and other consumer network partners.
- Government, Central Bank and other regulatory and industry bodies.
- Drive overall performance by maximising the value of each JUMO ecosystem in Tanzania and identifying and capitalising on new opportunities, partnerships and industry trends.
- Currently we work on a centralised model with respect to functional and engineering resources, so this role will work closely with the rest of JUMO Africa & Group to deploy the JUMO business model(s). Therefore working with the:
- Africa Leadership Team – aligning local strategy to the Africa regional strategy
- Product and Partnerships – leading project teams to develop products and/or business models to be deployed in Tanzania.
- Capital Strategy team – securing local capital via FSPs and other appropriate funding sources
- Portfolio / Prediction team – maximising portfolio performance and providing explanatory commentary to partners as needed.
- Legal Team – negotiating contractual terms with partners / affiliates
- Ability to manage relationships across levels from Jnr Management to Executives.
- Strong commercial and business acumen, particularly someone that can easily operate across a number of disciplines and has the ability to think about all aspects of the business
- Intellect & judgement: makes the right trade-offs, takes right direction
- Resourceful & execution: Take full ownership ‘buck stops with me’ – ability to work independently and to make it happen, will do everything it takes to get it done
- Understands how big organisations work, but is able to work in a small, agile and fast paced environment
- Strong leadership experience, both building teams as well as enabling teams
- Ability to break down complex challenges into measurable work streams and to lead the delivery.
- 10 years plus banking or MNO experience at Senior Manager or Director level.
- A wide network in business and government
- International experience (education or work)
- A deal maker and very strong with people.
- A self-starter, able to make the right calls and escalate only when necessary.
Our mission has launched are you joining us?