Country Representative – Tanzania
- Deadline Date: Tuesday, 31 December 2019
- Organization: Belgian Red Cross
- Country: United Republic of Tanzania
As a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, Belgian Red Cross-Flanders (BRC-Fl) provides assistance to vulnerable people in Belgium and abroad.
Currently, we are looking for a:
COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE/PROGRAM MANAGER – Tanzania
The Country Representative/Program Manager represents BCR-Fl towards the Tanzanian Red Cross Society (TRCS), donors and other humanitarian actors in the field.
He/she ensures an adequate management of projects regarding First Aid, Water and Sanitation, Organisational Development and Disaster Management, carried out by TRCS with financial and technical support of BRC-Fl.
Furthermore, he/she takes initiatives to promote and further develop the partnership and project portfolio.
Additionally he/she efficiently manages the local BRC-Fl office.
A. To represent BCR-Fl towards the local partner and other relevant actors in the field, while acting as a liaison between MRCS and BRC-Fl :
- to introduce, explain and monitor BRC-Fl’s strategy and policies towards the partner and other stakeholders;
- to thoroughly familiarize him-/herself with the strategy, policies and activities of TRCS and share this knowledge with BRC-Fl’s Headquarters;
- to represent BRC-Fl towards in-country delegates of other International Red Cross/Red Crescent entities and to actively support all relevant in-country coordination initiatives
- to effectively liaise with and to ensure adequate information exchange with the Belgian Embassy, the representatives of the Flanders government and the European Commission;
- to be the link between TRCS and educational activities of BRC-Fl in Belgium : to provide educational material and to facilitate contacts between BRC-Fl volunteers and those of MRCS.
B. To monitor the projects funded by BRC-Fl and to ensure a qualitative planning, implementation and reporting conform BRC-Fl standards and donor requirements:
- to monitor regularly the qualitative implementation of activities (training, sensitization, distributions…), as well as to assist the daily project management by TRCS;
- to oversee adherence to internal procedures by the partner when implementing the projects (logistics/administration/finance);
- to identify needs and opportunities regarding expertise to be provided by BRC-Fl. To support and facilitate expert missions;
- to ensure the punctuality and quality of the quarterly narrative reports;
- to ensure the punctuality and quality of the quarterly financial reports including cash requests and to carry out quality control of accountabilities in accordance with the procedures outlined by the Finance Departments of BRC-Fl and TRCS.
C. To identify new project opportunities and to elaborate project proposals in close cooperation with TRCS :
- to acquire a good comprehension of the strategic priorities and operational capacities of TRCS;
- to identify and seize opportunities for expertise-delivery by BRC-FL or funding;
- to develop and maintain a good knowledge of both in-country and Belgian/ international funding opportunities and their requirements;
- to elaborate coherent, relevant and qualitative project proposals in close cooperation with TRCS.
D. To efficiently manage the local BRC-Fl office :
- to ensure efficient reporting and information exchange with BRC-Fl Headquarters;
- to manage vehicle(s) and materials;
- to maintain a responsible safety attitude: to closely monitor security conditions, to develop and/or regularly update, and adhere to a country-specific security plan;
- to manage the delegation budget, to report according to provided models and procedures.
- educational level : master, or equivalent through relevant experience;
- minimum 5 years of professional experience; international experience in project management is a must;
- knowledge of WASH interventions (hardware and software) will be an asset – knowledge of any of the other strategic intervention areas of BRC-Fl a plus;
- **excellent knowledge of English is a must, both spoken and written, knowledge of Dutch will be an asset;
- knowledge of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement will be an asset
- however, prior experience within the not-for-profit sector is not a must, more important is a professional, result-oriented and hands-on attitude;
- thorough knowledge of Project Management and Project Management tools (PCM/Logical Framework) is required;
- knowledge of evidence-based practice or a strong motivation to acquire this is expected
- excellent self-management skills, accurate and methodical, strong communicating and negotiating capabilities, diplomacy, sense of initiative, stress resistant, team spirit, adaptability;
- thorough knowledge of the most common software and online tools (e.g. MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, …);
- international driving license.
WE OFFER :
- A challenging and fascinating professional opportunity with Tanzania as duty station;
- A competitive remuneration package including accommodation and transport facilities;
- A contract for an indefinite period