Credit Analyst at Kilimanjaro Cooperative Bank
Job title : Credit Analyst
Job reporting to : Head of Credit and Business Banking
Department : Credit and Business Banking
Date : 17.05.2023
Review and analyze credit applications to ensure that loans are granted in line with the credit policies and procedures, loan portfolio management and monitoring to ensure quality and sustainable portfolio growth.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS –
- Critically analyze Credit Appraisal Reports, from a Credit risk perspective, for credit application packages received from Branches.
- Present analysis, findings, and recommendations to Head of Credit and Business Banking, especially findings that involve a borrower’s ability to repay.
- Review credit application packages received from Branches, identify missing documents/information and demand submission of the same to ensure that all credit applications meet requirements of Credit policies and procedures.
- Perform security and financial risk assessment for application packages received from Branches.
- Perform critical assessment for projected cash flows and subject the same to sensitivity analysis to avoid requests for loan restructuring due to the fact that the loan repayment arrangement was not well restructured in line with cash flows.
- Perform Credit rating for each loan application received from Branches.
- Ensure all borrowers are searched on credit reference bureaus and their reports are assessed thoroughly.
- Provide appropriate recommendations after reviewing credit applications to ensure that they are in line with the credit policies and procedures.
- Engage Business Units or Branch for loan applications cited to have weaknesses.
- Communicate with respective business units loan decisions to ensure that proper feedback is given to customers in line with credit policies and procedures.
- Maintain database of loans received from branches and decisions made thereon to ensure proper loan tracking is in line with the credit policies and procedures.
- Prepare legal documents for approved loans as per Bank standards and Country governing laws.
- Prepare monthly reports relating to highlights of loans.
- Conduct regular credit self assessment to business unit and branches to ensure compliance to approved credit covenants and check if document in credit files (open and closed files) are updated.
- Monitoring of stock under WRS.
- Daily monitoring of Credit Portfolio and share report with Business unit and Branches and followup on business unit and branch to combat delinquencies.
- Proactively market Bank lending policies as the best practice in the market.
- Ensuring all files and credit records are in order.
- Working in co-operation with Business team to identify and monitor problem loans and possible delinquent facilities for further action.
- Work with business team and actively pursue and engage doubtful customers and those in arrears, so that all avenues are explored before marking the loan as substandard or doubtful.
- Immediate follow-up of accounts in arrears for closure.
- Initiation of demand and other legal procedures for delinquent loans.
- Recommendations to Head of Credit and Business Banking down-grading of accounts in arrears, charge off, re-assessment of securities and documentation.
- Initiate loan recoveries measures for charge off loans (recovery of collaterals, use of debt collectors/auctioneers, write-offs etc).
- Liaise with stakeholders for example to ensure that the Bank’s interests are properly represented and safeguarded.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the immediate Supervisor.
People Management Functions:
- Train business units on skills relating to credit risk assessment in order to bridge the knowledge gap.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Person with 3 years and above experience in analyzing the credit worthiness of customers and potential customers, and management and modeling of credit risk.
- Holders of First Degree in Finance, Economics, Finance & Investment, Accountancy and any other relevant professional qualifications from any recognized University.
- Technical skills:
- Knowledge of financial and investment analysis
- Strong analytical and quantitative thinking
- Strong written communication skills
- Being well versed with software/technology used in finance/banking
- Basic MS-Word and Excel skills
- Attention to detail and diligence
- Problem solving aptitude
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for applications in a high-pressure work environment, with varying degrees of supervision
- Time management
- Ability to multi-task activities
COMMUNICATION & INTERACTION
1. Internal • Branches
- Business Unit.
- Finance and Administration Department.
- Audit and Risk Department.
- Department of ICT (For technical support)
2. External • External Customers.
- Auctioneers and Debts Collectors.
- Auditors and Accountants.
HOW TO APPLY
If you fit the requirements, please send your applications to;
Box 1760 MOSHI
Email to: email@example.com
Leave a Reply