Job: Business Support and Management
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 29/Nov/2019
Unposting Date: 14/Dec/2019
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Primarily responsible for managing the credit risk associated with the portfolio and ensuring high quality of the portfolio.
- Closely work with the RMs from the origination & play a vital role in deal structuring to add good value from a credit/policy perspective.
- Work with the RM on specified portfolio/branches and facilitate revenue growth in the portfolio.
- Interact with the client, gather deal requirements, financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence.
- Work with RM/TL /product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products.
- Responsible for end-to-end BCA process including preparing all the tools like IORWA, LAT, ESRA, De-dupes, Credit discussions, Scorecard, etc, in-depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies e.g. input during CCAD preparation, other special reporting requirements, etc.
- Annual review of credit facilities
Post Deal Account monitoring & Governance :
- Ensure Zero BCA review over dues.
- Closure of all covenants within the stipulated timelines
- Liaise with Credit on BCA and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on all queries.
- In partnership with the RM, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put in SAM as per the bank’s policies and guidelines
- Prepare SAM pack and ensure monthly meetings are held as scheduled
- Prepare CIC pack and minutes of the monthly meetings
- Follow up on daily excess with RMs and ensure excess are managed as per policy
Stress Test / COR / Analytics / Training & oversight :
- Prepare timely Stress Tests wherever required
- Prepare specific industry study wherever required
- Prepare Credit Opinion reports wherever required.
- Effective use of Creditmate and other analysis tools
- Oversight role for training and directing the frontline as well as fellow colleagues
Monitoring & Controls :
- Operational Risk Controls/Credit.
- Oversight on SAM/ASTAR process: A proactive approach to identifying SAM accounts during review and Interim BCAs – No sudden slippages into Collections.
- Ensure and remain alert to the risk of anti-money laundering/sanctions and assist in the Bank’ efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: identifying our customer, knowing our customer, reporting suspicious transactions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
- Ensure compliance of PPGs & CADs and Credit risk guidelines
- Ensure compliance to Group & Country AML/ CTF, Sanctions, ABC, CDD policies and Group Code of Conduct.
- Clients / Trade associations,
- legal firms, Accountants etc
- Credit Risk
- Credit Risk Monitoring Manager
- Other stakeholders (FM/TB/CRC, etc)
- Business Product and Segment Heads
- Business Unit Head
- Effective structuring the deal along with the RM/TL/Product partner/policy team – no of structured deals handled successfully
- Completion of BCAs and obtaining Credit approvals on time to facilitate faster execution of transactions.
- No overdue BCAs
- No overdue covenants
- Efficient handling of refer backs from credit
- Satisfactory Audit and other internal & external reviews
- A proactive approach to identifying SAM accounts.
- Nil BCA errors from CRC
- Quantity and quality of BCAs processed
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.