About the Company
Letshego Tanzania Limited (LTL) T/a Faidika commenced operations in Tanzania in 2006 and has been a subsidiary of Letshego Holdings Limited (LHL), an International Financial Services Centre-accredited holding company, since inception. Faidika predominantly offers unsecured consumer loans, using the deduction at source model, to its customers. Through these convenient and appropriate loans, the company has managed to grow its customer base to more than 45,000 Tanzanians and is one of eleven LHL subsidiaries that offer financial services across Southern, East and West Africa with lending and deposit-taking subsidiaries.
Job Description: CREDIT MANAGER
Purpose of the Job:
- To be accountable for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses
- To implement the strategic goals and objectives which encompasses the achievement of the Group Credit Policy requirements
- Maintain a department organizational structure sufficient to meet all goals and objectives
- Properly motivate the credit and collections staff
- Measure department performance with appropriate metrics
- Provide for ongoing training of the credit staff
- Manage relations with credit reporting agencies
- Manage relations with the sales department
- Align Group Credit Policy requirements and procedures in line with country regulations and laws.
- Develop a strategic plan for credit management.
- Maintain credit control by checking and approving the accuracy of all required reports such as 100% report, AAA report. Drop off report. Amendments/ un-deducted recon. late payers report, Credit report. Zero payments payment, Write off report.
- Review and follow-up on late payers, Bad debts, Undeducted and drop off, Balance adjustments for ministries and participating employers.
- Review and submit bad debts for recovery through collection agencies and pension funds.
- Develop and maintain relationship with key stakeholders in the loan approval and uploading life cycle to enable smooth approval and uploading.
- Develop and maintain relationship with key players in the monthly collection process to ensure all payments are collected in full and on time.
- Submission of drop and un-deducted lists for Tanzania
- Timely and accurate communication from the department to the branch offices to enable timely action for un-deducted and uploading at the branches.
- Achieve targets by performance management, motivation and retention of staff.
- Mentorship, coaching and training.
- Correction resources of staff.
Knowledge and Experience Required of Job Holder:
- University Graduate from a recognized and well established University.
- A minimum of 5 years continuous relevant experience, with at least 1 year senior Executive level preferable from financial institution.
- Job holders should seek to gain knowledge in Macro and Micro planning time horizon to prioritise activity.
- Proven team player with the ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build relationships with the internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent leadership and organisational skills.
- Highly computer literate in excel, word power point etc.
- Ability to support the country team in raising staff engagement.
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their application explaining why they are the best fit for the position by 3rd June, 2019 through email address:[email protected]
Disclaimer: This Job Description is not an in-depth list of the duties and responsibilities associated with the position. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.