Humble beginnings fuelled by burgeoning aspirations led to the inception of Barrick Group’s first commercial venture in 2003 – a general trading company solely specialising in food and consumable products for the UAE and African markets.
A move that set the prologue to the Group’s success story. As the Middle Eastern and African markets continued underlining their presence on the global map, our business continued growing in parallel. Our traded volumes in 2014 alone were approx. 6600 containers of perishable and non-perishable items to our vast network of traders, partners and clients across the region.
Today, Barrick Group is further enriched through diversity, as our commercial ventures now encompass F&B, Retail and HORECA Brand Management & Distribution, Food Commodities Trading, Consulting, and Light Manufacturing. While the GCC remains our niche, our scale of operations have also expanded to cover our home base in Canada.
From start-up to now, our journey has crossed numerous milestones, including becoming financially self-sufficient. This sustainability has enabled us to grow without any financial liabilities, a remarkable accomplishment in today’s times.
Barrick Group in Tanzania is looking for experienced professionals in the following discipline to join our dynamic group so as to launch our operations in which our offices will be opened in Dar es salaam, Mwanza, Arusha and Dodoma, also we have built factories which are in final stage located at kibaha, Pwani region which will be responsible for manufacturing of various products for local and international market across East Africa.
CREDIT OFFICER (3 POST)
Reports to Finance
In this role, your duties will include meeting with clients to set up the loan application process, gathering required financial documentation, and approving or denying loan requests based on your financial calculations.
To ensure success as a credit officer, you should have excellent financial acumen and the ability to accurately interpret financial data to make life-changing decisions. Ultimately, a topnotch credit officer should display exceptional business prowess, as well as strong knowledge of loan procedures and best practices according to financial laws and regulations.
- Meeting with clients interested in taking out a loan and providing them with the necessary information to start the loan application process.
- Collecting the needed financial documentation and assessing the clients’ creditworthiness.
- Calculating and analyzing the risk ratios of clients based on their credit score and financial history.
- Approving or denying loan requests, and communicating your decision to both clients and management.
- Setting up payment plans for clients explaining monthly instalment amounts, interest rates, and other costs.
- Maintaining records of loan applications by using loan management software.
Managing loan renewals by organizing follow-up meetings with clients.
Monitoring the progress of the loan application process and relaying any hindrances to clients.
- Ensuring that loan applications are in line with the company’s financial policies, as well as state laws and regulations.
- Bachelor in accounting, finance, banking, business, or a similar field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a credit officer.
- Excellent knowledge of loan application procedures and best lending practices according to Tanzania laws and regulations.
- Ability to work with loan management software, such as Lendstream, CreditOnline, and FileInvite will be added advantange
- Strong communication skills and proven customer service experience.
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to work with complicated financial data.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong ethical behavior and the ability to work with sensitive financial information.
Salary: Competitive package will be offered for qualified candidate.
- Barrick group has no recruitment agent, all applications should be sent within 14 days, starting on 23th March 2021 and deadline for application will be on 5th April 2021 at 5:30pm
- All applicants should mention the position they are applying on subject space of the email
- All interested and qualified Tanzanian should send their applications letter and curriculum vitae only to our email below; [email protected]
- And all applications should be addressed to
Director of Human Resources, Barrick Group,
P.O Box 18699,
Dar es salaam.