Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL) is a joint venture company currently owned by National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Tanzania Prisons Service. The principle activity of the company is to undertake production and importation of sugar. Establishment of the Company is in line with the implementation of the second five year development plan (FYDP II) aiming to ensure that Tanzania becomes industrialized and middle income economy by the year 2025.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacant positions currently available in the company as follows.
Cultivation Supervisor (1 post).The person will assist the Cultivation Manager in Land preparation, Ratoon mechanical Operation and estate road works across the estate. He will report to Cultivation Manager.
Duties of a Cultivation Supervisor:
- Planning activities of machinery and equipment (Heavy tractors, Excavators, Bulldozers, Graders, Compactors, Tipper Lorries etc.);
- Supervises activities of machinery and equipment (Heavy tractors, Excavators, Bulldozers, Graders, Compactors,Tipper Lorries etc.);
- Supervises cultivation activities such as Land preparation (Ploughing, levelling, ripping, harrowing, furrowing etc..), Ratoon mechanical operations and Estate road works;
- Monitoring and control of performance of machineries and Human resources in the section;
- Ensures that tractor log sheets and all other control sheets are properly filled by machine operators and update in the database;
- Manage machines fuel consumption and report for abnormality;
- Ensures Maintenance of Machines such as regular blowing, cleaning are properly followed and documented;
- Preparation of section budget and follow up on management accounts;
- Ensure safety at workplace are adhered; and
- Perform any other duty as she/he may be assigned by his senior.
Qualification and Experience:
- Holder of Bsc. Agricultural Engineering from recognised institution;
- More than 3years experience sugarcane cultivation activities;
- Must be proficiency with computer especially MS word, Excel and outlook;
- Excellent mentoring skills, interpersonal skills, leadership and initiative Skills;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision; and
- Must have a valid driving licence as he/she will have to ride a motorbike around the field.
Salaries and Other Fringe Benefits will be as per the Company’s Salary scales/structures and the Staff Regulations and Conditions of Service, 2019.
General condition: all applicants should have accomplished secondary school education and possess an ordinary certificate or an advanced certificate of secondary education or its equivalent and should not be above 45 years of age.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below (with the position applied written on the top of the envelope), describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. The closing deadline for all applications is 10 days after the advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O BOX 1079,
The deadline for submitting the application is September 15, 2020