Zanzibar City, Zanzibar Urban/West, Tanzania
Zanlink is the leading ISP in Zanzibar providing high speed broadband and various other connectivity and digital solutions.
Since its inception, we have been on the forefront of providing reliable, efficient and unmatched customer experience through a focused and dedicated approach and has attained a high level of customer confidence
Job location : Zanzibar
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to clients on problems related to Internet and related services both on telephone as well as on-site.
- Install and maintain various Internet and related services on the client’s side using either Optic Fiber cable or
- Microwave Wireless Equipment operating at different frequencies, as well as the configuration of TCP/IP protocols.
- Build and maintain various Networks such as WAN, LAN, and VPN on the client’s side.
- Maintain Company’s Network infrastructure including its fiber optical backbone, repeaters, as well as towers.
- Evaluate and resolve client problems promptly
- Monitor performance of network infrastructure equipment.
- Create and implement viable solutions and follow through to ensure problem is resolved to the satisfaction of all parties.
- Ensure that no trouble ticket or clients complain remains pending and present a thorough daily, weekly and monthly report to the Management.
- Carry out weekly and monthly analyses of the problems reported by our clients and find ways to reduce them.
- Provide clients with regular updates, and feedback on service requests/queries
- University degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/Telecommunications Engineering with at least 3 years of working experience in the related field
- Good knowledge and working experience of various Networks such as LAN, VPN, Fiber optical, and microwave wireless technologies as well as extensive knowledge of configuration and troubleshooting of TCP/IP protocols.
- Practical networking experience in setting up, testing, configuring, and troubleshooting networks/ Knowledge of Wireless Technologies, RF transmissions, and Fiber Optical Networks
- Working knowledge of network devices (routers/switch testing and configuration)
- Proficiency in both Windows and Linux-based operating Systems
- Ability to work independently, be a team player and be able to accomplish a given task with minimum supervision.
- Possess excellent customer care and clients handling skills.
- Be able to communicate excellently with good command on both oral and written English and Kiswahili; too clearly and concisely provide information, explanations and instructions and to elicit information from others with varying levels of understanding.
- Must possess very good analytical, troubleshooting as well as technical faults reporting skills.
- Problem solving skills to independently recognize define and identify resources available to solve problems.
- Possess a class ‘C’ clean driving license
- Willing to walk the extra miles and demonstrate flexibility to handle chores more efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain a friendly, welcoming environment to demonstrate an understanding, compassionate and caring manner to maintain a courteous and calm demeanor