Data Analytics and Visualization Specialist
Position Summary: The Data Analytics and Visualization Specialist is responsible for designing and implementing a strategic vision for electronic systems to analyze, report, visualize, and disseminate program data. S/he will work closely with the Project Director and project team to implement innovative data visualization tools.
• Working in close coordination with the Project Director and other technical leads, manages the development and execution of a roadmap for new and/or existing applications or initiatives to support data management, analysis, visualization, and use.
• Oversees the creation and dissemination of analytic datasets to the project team, the donor, the Ministry of Health (MOH), and key stakeholders.
• Advises on data management systems security and compliance with national guidelines.
• Works with ICAP’s New York-based informatics team to develop user-friendly front-end interfaces, automated routinely generated reports, queries, and analytic datasets.
• Leads efforts to develop robust, user-friendly, high-quality interfaces for data visualization.
• Supports increased data use across the project for program monitoring and evaluation.
• Supports preparation of regular and ad hoc data products.
• Collaborates with and supports requests to examine data in key content areas.
• Lead analysis for program M&E using routinely collected service delivery data.
• Generate summary reports for reporting and program M&E.
• Develop and implement analysis trainings for ICAP staff and partners.
• Oversees the creation and maintenance of codebooks, user guides, documentation, and standard operating procedures (SOPs) as needed for project strategic information (SI) systems.
• Proactively maintains knowledge of recent developments such as “big data” analytics applications and data visualization.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Advanced degree in public health, demography, statistics, computer science, information management, or related discipline.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
• Experience managing and analyzing large databases and experience with advanced statistical analysis.
• Demonstrated experience working with SQL, HTML, Java Framework and tools, Microsoft Office Applications, PHP and database-driven website development.
• Demonstrated experience with PowerBi or Tableau.
• Experience in the design, implementation, and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems in sub-Saharan Africa, experience in Tanzania preferred.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.