Consultancy opportunity: Data Assistant
About the consultancy:
The consultant will provide administrative and technical support to STEP’s programs through data
entry, data management, data quality verification, data analysis and reporting.
- To conduct data entry and data quality checking for a range of projects
- To process camera trap and other photographic data according to existing protocols
- To ensure all data are stored and backed up appropriately according to storage protocols
- To prepare and format datasets and keys as required
- To complete Kiswahili to English and English to Kiswahili translations as required.
- To conduct analysis for a range of projects using a set list of indicators and outputs for analysis including monthly summary statistics
- To prepare reports for a range of projects using outputs from analysis using existing templates and according to deadlines
- To hold regular communications with project manager to discuss progress
- To complete daily timesheet
- To develop and use workplans and calendars for activities
- To ensure all activities are implemented to a high standard and according to the workplan.
- To participate in training in data entry, management, processing and analysis.
- Dependent on experience, assist in development of mobile data collection tools
Remuneration for the consultancy will be dependent on experience.
The consultant will be based in Iringa town.
The duration for the consultancy will be 6 months from 30th March 2020 – 25th September 2020
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent and demonstrated Excel skills, including data entry, data quality checking, analysis, and production of figures and tables (Pivot tables; Count, sum, average functions; Conditional formulas; Production of figures and tables)
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Excellent spoken and written English and Kiswahili
- Attention to detail and high quality of work
- Database design management experience (preferred)
- Experience with tablet/phone-based collection and ODK (preferred)
- Experience with English to Swahili translation (preferred)
- Experience with spatial data and camera trap data (preferred)
MODE OF APPLICATION:
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV detailing your experience and skills as per the requirements of this
consultancy, with a detailed description of your Excel skills, to [email protected] with the subject Data Assistant by 16th March 2020.