The AKDN agencies in Tanzania including the Aga Khan University, Aga Khan Health Senices (.AKHST). and the Aga Khan Foundation Tanzania (AKFT) have been implementing a project ‘Improving Access to Maternal and New-born Health in Mwanza, Tanzania (IMPACT). This is a four-year project funded by the Government of Canada and AKF Canada (AKFC) that aims to contribute to the reduction of maternal and new-born mortality by improving the availability and utilization of gender sensitive quality MNH senices for women and their families in underserved areas of all eight districts of Mwanza-Tanzania.
IMPACT works in partnership with the Ministry of Health. Community Development. Gender Elderly and Children (MOHCDCEC). the local government and the community to facilitate the behaviour change, create demand and increase quality7, availability and utilization of Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH) senices. The AKU in collaboration with the implementing .AKDN agencies and the Regional Health Management Team (RHMT) plans to cany out an end line evaluation of the project in .August and September 2020. The evaluation will include quantitative data collection through interviews with women and men in selected households on key issues related to reproductive, maternal, new-born and child health.
The Aga Khan University invites applications for the below project positions based in Mwanza. Tanzania.
DATA COLLECTORS (4 POSITIONS)
- The health facility Data Collectors will be engaged for approximately ten (10) working days and they will report to the Field Supervisor and the Project Manager.
Qualification &: Experience
- .Ability to read and write
- Excellent in Swahili and English writing skills
- University education
- Minimum of l year of experience
- Training in public health. epidemiology, demography or related field (MNH) is added advantage
- Demonstrate experience in understanding the operations of maternal and child health clinics
- Demonstrate skills in conducting evaluation and assessments with different age groups and gender
- Training/experience in regards to FCDs and in-depth interviews
- Abilitv to conduct FGDs and KIIs and use of digital audio recorders
- Willingness to work with a multidisciplinary team and in any of the project sites.
Please visit http://www.aku.edu to view job description for each position
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates meeting the above requirements, seeking professional growth and excellent work environment should forward their letter of application. Curriculum Vitae and testimonials (postal and email) of three references to the
Human Resources Office,
Aga Khan University,
P.O. Box 125,
Dar es Salaam;
Fax (+255) (0) 22 2150875
or email: [email protected].
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications Deadline: 21st August 2020