Data Managers (2 Positions)
The purpose of this job is to strengthen the health information systems of Epic project to ensure the maintenance of high quality program data. This role is also responsible for capacity building of TAHEA Epic and supported health facility staff on data management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the implementation of data management strategies to contribute towards the achievement of TAHEA strategic objectives;
• Participate in the development and maintenance of the documentation and data management guidelines for TAHEA to avoid any breach of confidentiality and to ensure that safety to all information is observed;
• Review and approve CRF design, data review ground rules and database design in accordance to the Standard Operating procedures and protocol of the programs and the IT department;
• Assist in the standardization of data management procedures to ensure all staff adhere to the same guidelines provided to them by TAHEA;
• Conduct data cleaning, back-up, design and programming of a clinical database to ensure system efficiency and effectiveness in the project sites
• Review, analyse , and validate program data through review of patient’s files to ensure consistency, integrity, and accuracy based on project specific guidelines;
• Carry out scheduled stress tests on the different databases that are in use at TAHEA to identify any loopholes that require to be addressed to ensure proper functionality;
• Query data inconsistencies and revise case report forms in compliance with standard operating procedures, client guidelines and regulatory agency guidelines to ensure strict adherence from all staff;
• Provide expertise in all areas of data management through weekly staff meetings, workshops and training to ensure all staff are updated on the current trends in data management and have the required skill to work on the system;
• Assist data clerks to collaborate with Site coordinator and finance staff to ensure that funds provided for IT maintenance and internet are timely and used for the right purpose in the purchase of internet and anti-virus packs for the system;
• Conduct quarterly updates of the IT inventory from the facility level to ensure all facilities are adequately equipped with the necessary equipment to avoid any system downtime;
• Train and build capacity of TAHEA program staff in the use of Data and database for the monitoring of site’s performance and to address any issues that may arise from non-performance;
• Review data collection tools used against the required reports and provide advice and assistance in the improvement of these tools to create efficiencies in the system;
• Review monthly NACP reports prepared by the data clerks to ensure information provided is of high quality and timely submission to the site coordinator;
• Run frequent queries for extraction of data from CTC2 database as required for donor uses as well as TAHEA for program improvement.;
• Carry out quarterly data verification and collection activities, upload the data into Glaser system and respond to urgent queries from staff, donors and partners;
• Compile and prepare monthly and quarterly data reports for analysis and donor use and ensure that the information provided is accurate and of high quality; and
• Collaborate with Programme Officer Quality Improvement to conduct Quality Improvement performance measurement from data collection, data entry, and data verification to ensure data collected from the facilities is accurate and of the standard required by the donors and management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Communication Engineering, Communication, ICT from a recognized institution
• Three (3) years of relevant work experience
• Technical and Behavioral Competencies
• Knowledge of national laws and regulations governing pediatric AIDS services and operations.
• Experience working with donor funded organizations requiring community level engagement.
• Knowledge of relevant TAHEA donor requirements
• Ability to produce comprehensive reports
• Proficiency in the use of databases Skills in day to day activities
• Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver training.
• Discretion with confidential information
• Ability to gather appropriate information for decision making
• Ability to openly consult with colleagues
• Ability to set priorities accordingly
• Ability to speak up in the face of unreasonable requests
• Ability to apply new changes;
• Ability to learn and retain new knowledge
Method of Application
Application are to be lodged through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail. All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Saturday, 10th October, 2020