Vacancy Title – Data Officer – Post (01)
Organization: Youth Wings (YW) – Tanzania. Duty Station: Meru DC – Arusha, Tanzania. Reports to: Data Manager. Start Date: October 2021.
Youth Wings (YW) is a Youth-Led CSO based in Arusha whose purpose is to respond to the rights and needs of young generations caught up in the turbulence in achieving their ambitionsto reach their fullest potential. YW is dedicated to advocates for the improvement of health services, economic opportunities and equity social wellbeing of Tanzanian youths who are vulnerable to contract HIV. It expands its interventions to all parts of mainland Tanzania with the focus on Sexual and Reproductive Health Services (SRH), Civic Engagement, Human Rights, HIV & AIDS, Harm Reduction, Child Protection and Economic Empowerment.
About the Role
Youth Wings is implementing a project named Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) in Arusha Region in two councils Arusha DC & CC. EPIC is a global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. Youth Wings Tanzania is extending its interventions to new Districts in Arusha – Meru DC and it is currently recruiting for the position of Data Manager to fill the vacancy of the existing project (EpiC).
The Data Officer will be responsible for data management, perform tracking of all study delivery data and undertake data verification exercises on a routine basis to ensure accuracy and consistency of the data submitted. This position requires experience in working with KVP programs and the ability to interact well with targeted KVP (beneficiaries), peer educators and health service providers from the health facilities in a non-stigmatized and non-judgmental manner. Reporting directly to the Data Manager, the Data Officer will be responsible for the quality delivery of the EPIC project across Meru Districts. This is contingent on effective coordination, supervision and structured capacity building of local peers’ groups implementing in Project delivery.
- Support the development and ensure the availability of study data collection tools. ∙ Support the daily data entry of project data in paper-based and electronic systems by the Peer Educators and Health Care providers.
- Provide oversight on quality data collection, collation, data entry and analysis of results using statistical techniques and provide performance reports as required.
- Provide technical support to project staff on data management, data collection and entry. ∙ Conduct site visits as required for troubleshooting data issues.
- Develop, Review and Maintain copies of data collection forms (ensuring accurate updating as needed) and support documentation for data management.
- Maintain database backup and filing systems for the study data.
- Perform and document procedures for data cleaning, triangulation, standardization and data analysis.
- Ensure data management procedures, SOP, guidelines have set timelines and meet established deadlines.
- Participate in study data and progress reviews as required with the study coordinator and partners.
- Ensure stock-taking and supply of data collection tools and/or forms are done promptly.
- Conduct data quality and Assessment audits at the study sites/facilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Assist the Data Manager with any other related tasks.
- Proven track record of at least 3 years working in health information management and managing databases for HIV/AIDS interventions and related management for community-based HIV services.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (STATA, Advanced Excel, SPSS, SAS, R etc.)
- Experience in the use of health aggregate database (MOH DHIS2) and VL/EID NASCOP dashboard.
- Excellent customer-focused interpersonal skills to interact effectively with practitioners, literate and non-literate audiences, the interdisciplinary health care team, community agencies, patients, and families with diverse opinions, values, and religious and cultural ideals.
- Strong understanding and demonstrable experience of results-based management processes, including taking responsibility for M&E informing Programme management and development.
- Demonstrable experience in providing effective Programme coordination and targeted capacity building support to Peers’ Navigators to deliver health/HIV/TB related programmes.
- Strong understanding and demonstrable experience of working closely with local government structures, systems and strategic points of engagement to integrate programmatic priorities in local government processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English.
- Minimum of Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Health Information Systems or its equivalent.
How to Apply:
Youth Wings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online through [email protected] by uploading an Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume with Names and Addresses of three (3) referees and clearly write the vacancy job title in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply. The deadline for submitting the application is: (12:00 PM) 30th September 2021
NB: Thisjob posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. Youth Wings is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status and physical or mental disability.