Deputy Chief of Party – URC,
Deputy Chief of Party – Proposal
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
URC seeks qualified DCOP candidates to support the anticipated USAID-funded Tanzania Multi-sectoral Nutrition (MSN) activity. SUN TA supports implementation of the 1,000 Most Critical Days program, and will enhance the management and implementation of the SUN Pooled Fund by providing high-level technical assistance including support for planning, implementation and monitoring at the district and sub-district levels.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) directly report to the COP in activity implementation and management. The DCOP will take over leadership and oversight of the activity in the absence of the COP. This position is responsible for coordinating and optimizing integration of technical expertise across the results framework and interventions.
• Bachelors degree in nutrition or related field; Masters degree in nutrition, public health, agriculture, international development or related field preferred
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience with progressively more responsible technical leadership roles on donor-funded projects; prior team leader and USAID experience required;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in stunting prevention and multi-sectoral nutrition interventions,
• Demonstrated progressive experience working in partnership with local government, community-based organizations and other stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills and strong inter-personal and supervisory skills, including the demonstrated ability to lead teams of technical specialists
• Ability to work independently and with team members and partners at all levels
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically
• Strong work experience with local and international partners in Tanzania, including both private and public partners
• Fluency in written and spoken English; proficiency in Swahili is a plus
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.