EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY
EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the Republic of Burundi and the Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan ) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Kiswahili Commission.
DEPUTY EXECUTIVE SECRETARY FOR PROJECTS AND PROGRAMS
Reports to: Executive Secretary
Duty Station: East African Kiswahili Commission Secretariat Headquarters, Zanzibar, URT
Main Purpose of the Job:
To coordinate Projects and Programs to ensure effective and efficient for the development of the Kiswahili language in the Community
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Executive Secretary in providing an oversight role in coordinating Kiswahili Projects and Programs;
- Initiating and coordinating the process of harmonization of policies, laws, regulations and standards with specific relevance to the development of Kiswahili
- Guiding the implementation of Projects and Programs of the Commission
- Guiding identification and development of new projects and Programmes, as strategic initiatives within the Kiswahili Commissions’ mandate
- Coordinating the development and implementation of systems for Monitoring and Evaluation and monitoring compliance of Projects and Programs
- Promoting coordination, engagement and participation of State and Non- State Actors in the sustainable development of Kiswahili initiatives in the EAC
- Promoting technical capacity building, institutional development and research in the Community
- Liaising with Partner States for coordination and implementation of programs
- Supervising and coordinate the formulation and implementation of annual work plans and budgets for Projects and Programs
Minimum Requirements of the Job:
- A Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Education, Social Administration, Public or Business Administration, Project Management or equivalent qualifications.
- Specialization in Kiswahili language /studies will be an added advantage.
- At least fifteen (15) years of experience, of which eight (8) should be at Senior Level in a relevant field,
- Experience as a manager/ coordinator of programs,
- Ability in program planning, implementation, coordination and Evaluation,
- Sound knowledge of main development partners and
- Experience in Resource Mobilization and Finance Agreement negotiations
Skills and Competencies:
Strong administrative and organizational skills, excellent communication skills in Kiswahili and English and Ability to work in a multi-cultural/diverse environment
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of 3 years renewable once.
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21st August 2020.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records.