Deputy Finance Controller
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- To assist the CFO in performing the functions pertaining to the Finance Department and Corporate Secretariat office to support compliance with relevant statutes governing the company.
- At the same time, the recruit would be required to assist in the smooth functioning of the department.
- Prepare annual financial statements, tax returns, and required regulatory returns as well as oversee the external audit process and effectively manage the Finance team across all the branches.
- Management of accounting systems and external support including month-end close procedures.
- Ensure the integrity of financial data on the chosen IT platforms
- Ensure compliance with accounting and tax-related regulations, laws, and filing requirements.
- Provide accurate, timely, and comprehensive financial reporting to the management team.
- Influence behavior both within finance and the wider business for continuous improvement, particularly in areas such as, claim payments, expenses payments, RI Payments, cash receipts, commission payments, bank reconciliation & RI reconciliation on monthly basis, and WIP management.
- Oversee all accounting procedures, financial transactions and systems used by Alliance.
- Establish, implement and monitor the Alliance’s finance policies and procedures, incorporating both accounting policies and internal procedural controls.
- Support the centralized finance processing operation, driving efficiency through process improvement and standardization.
- Ensure compliance with accounting and tax-related regulations, laws and filing requirements
- Ensure annual audits are carried out effectively and efficiently for all branches ensuring all regulatory requirements are met regarding the company’s financial affairs.
- Assist with the accurate accounting of Alliance’s financial position, including forecasting, management, and operational aspects of profit share.
- Follow, adapt and oversee the process within the department pertaining to payments, and financial controls.
- Manage relationships and budgets of external service providers including tax, audit, and banking.
- Preparation of TRA and statutory returns for timely submission;
- Identify risk areas in the department and raising them timely with supervisor for mitigation;
- Maintaining current accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Commerce/ Finance/ Insurance & Banking/ Business Administration or related discipline.
- CPA (Tanzania) Qualification (Compulsory)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a finance role
- Qualified accountant (preferably a financial accounting-focused qualification eg CPA.
- Experience ideally with an audit practice background
- Experience in managing a finance function in a fast-moving, rapidly growing environment
Leave a Reply