Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy Non Governmental and Non profit making Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland.
Rafiki-SDO is currently implementing the EpiC Project in Shinyanga Municipal Council and Shinyanga District Council which is funded by USAID through FHI360 with the aim of address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among key and vulnerable populations (KVP) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW).
Office location: Shinyanga, Tanzania
Work station: Shinyanga MC & Shinyanga DC
Reporting to: Program Manager/Executive Director
Duration: 12 Months / Renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package
To participate in the Comprehensive Council Health Plans (CCHP) meetings and ensure USAID EpiC activities are included in the respective CCHP.
Liaise with Biomedical officers and Community Engagement Officers to map hotspots and develop a directory of all hotspots where beneficiaries are found at the council level.
Work closed with biomedical officers on conduct weekly review of the list of index developed by service providers and ensure all the providers conduct index testing services with fidelity (index sexual Partners/contacts elicitation and tracing)
He/she will be responsible to liaise with DMOs office to secure Government biomedical providers who will provide biomedical services at the community level respectively.
Coordination and Supervision;
- Work closely with program Manager to lead and direct technical and administrative project team.
- Execute and monitor project activities.
- Manage changes to scope, cost and schedule of project work.
- Coordinate priorities and resources of the projects activities
- Prepare and update project plans and status reports.
- Supervise biomedical officers and ensure monthly planned activities are implemented and reaching their allotted targets with fidelity.
- Coordinate cross-functional meetings of personnel related to project.
- Facilitate sessions to effectively resolve issues if any.
- Allocate appropriate resources to ensure projects are completed within given time and budget.
- Report status, develop project-related documentation and implement lessons learned.
- Participate in project performance review meetings and discussions.
- Review compiled monthly and quarterly report from project staff and submit to Program Manager
- Performance other duties as assigned by supervise
Qualifications and experience:
- Clinical degree (nurse, physician) with 3 to 5 years in provision of community-based biomedical and demand generation services to KVP and AGYW
- Knowledge of on management of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with relevant national guidelines, standards and protocols. Familiarity with the public health sector at regional, district and council level and experience working with these teams.
- Experience on managing HIV/AIDS programs at community level in Tanzania; familiarity and experience with USAID/PEPFAR-funded programs.
- Experience in managing serving KVP and AGYW. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and AGYW.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to Executive Director, Rafiki-SDO, P.O.BOX 2078, SHINYANGA. Describing why you are the right candidate for this position, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, copy of educational certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org, via Postal or by hand at Rafiki-SDO Shinyanga, Ndembezi ward near Ngokolo RC church.
NOTE: For those who applying through email, should indicate the position title in email subject line.
Rafiki-SDO will review the applications sent to the official e-mail address, Postal and application which will be submitted to Rafiki-SDO office. The closing date for the applications will be Friday 2nd October 2020, 17:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To learn more about Rafiki-SDO visit: www.rafikisdo.or.tz