Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL) is a joint venture company currently owned by National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Tanzania Prisons Service. The principle activity of the company is to undertake production and importation of sugar. Establishment of the Company is in line with the implementation of the second five year development plan (FYDP II) aiming to ensure that Tanzania becomes industrialized and middle income economy by the year 2025.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacant positions currently available in the company as follows.
Design/ Draughtsman Engineer: His/her role is to create technical drawings based on given specifications and calculations and work with professionals in their field, such as scientists, architects and engineers, who provide the product or structure’s details.
Duties of the Design/ Draughtsman Engineer are:
- Planning, organizing, leading, coaching and counselling;
- Provide technical advice to the employer;
- Discipline manpower;
- Designing and drawing;
- Set goals;
- Make decisions;
- Report writing;
- Keeping technical drawings and maintenance records;
- Compile and control budget;
- Planning and designing project and maintenance schedules;
- Monitor coordinating project and technical operations and the overhaul of machinery;
- Project management; and
- Perform any other lawful duties assigned by supervisors.
Qualification and Experience:
- Holder of a Bachelor of Science degree or advanced diploma in engineering;
- Five (5) years’ experience in similar post;
- Ability to solve problems arising from his/her area of concentration;
- Be Physically and mentally fit to execute industrial activities;
- Be able to establish a good labour relations;
- Have knowledge on Safety procedures; and
- Have knowledge on the application and use of computer.
Salaries and Other Fringe Benefits will be as per the Company’s Salary scales/structures and the Staff Regulations and Conditions of Service, 2019.
General condition: all applicants should have accomplished secondary school education and possess an ordinary certificate or an advanced certificate of secondary education or its equivalent and should not be above 45 years of age.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below (with the position applied written on the top of the envelope), describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. The closing deadline for all applications is 10 days after the advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O BOX 1079,
The deadline for submitting the application is September 15, 2020