Design Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job at World Vision
About the job
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Coordinate and review the development of DM&E plans, DIPs & LEAP Budget for the THRIVE 2.0 Program
THRIVE 2.0 plans and project monitoring documents well prepared and in place
Plan, facilitate and conduct capacity building on DM&E for the project/program staff and stakeholders
Stakeholders and front-line staff built capacity on M&E issues
Facilitate and strengthen quality control mechanism for DM&E processes and review of documents ( PDD, Assessment, Evaluation, Baseline survey reports etc)
THRIVE 2.0 documents and reports well prepared to meet the required quality
Facilitate Programme/project Baseline Survey, Assessment, evaluation, and (re) design functions.
Project Baseline, midline, evaluation, and other strategic studies well prepared coordinated, and supervised
Update monitoring tools as per program/project M&E plan and ensure the use of appropriate tools in the collection, compilation, analysis, and utilization of data including Household Monitoring Transformation System (HMTS) within THRIVE 2.0 Aps
M&E-related THRIVE 2.0 documented well reviewed and updated
Facilitate program reflection/learning, documentation of best practices and most significant success stories are included in the reports and shared among the partners
THRIVE 2.0 learning events well prepared and organized
Knowledge/ Qualifications For The Role
Required Professional Experience
- 3-5 years in programs management
- Demonstrated experience in Learning, Evidence, and documentation of success stories.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in international donor-funded projects
Required Education, Training, License, Registration, And Certification
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Qualification required: BA/BSc Degree in Agriculture, Statistics, Epidemiology, Economics,
- Development studies/planning, Business administration, social science disciplines or other related disciplines.
- Experience: At least 3 years in programming and Monitoring and Evaluation
Preferred Knowledge And Qualifications
- Technical skills and abilities: Skills in Programming, Computer skills and statistical package, Ability to work in teams, Skills in Research methodology, Analytical skills
- Spiritual maturity; clear articulation of personal faith in Christ about how their faith informs their life and work. Able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Knowledge and experience with WV operations
- Knowledge and experience with WV faith and development principles
- At least three years of program management experience
- Facilitation skills in training or facilitating staff DM&E issues.
- Experience in design, monitoring, and evaluation (DM&E)
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Must be computer literate
- A good team player
- Good communication and good interpersonal skills
- Needs excellent English language skills, both oral and written
- Understanding of basic accounting
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 30 % of the time and occasionally internationally.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player
- Willingness to travel to the field as and when needed
- Excellent written and spoken English
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- THRIVE Program Manager
- Direct reporting.
- Consortium Staffs
- Work together in Land restoration initiatives Weekly
- Project Partners
- Collaboration As required
- Faith & Development Manager, Economic Empowerment Manager, R&L Team leader
- Technical support – Daily / On need basis
All decisions will be done with the endorsement of the THRIVE Program Manager
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Develop
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead, and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organization
- Develop the Organization for the Future
Language Requirements: Fluent in both Swahili and English languages
Job Location:This Position is Based in Arusha, Tanzania
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only