Job Opportunity at World Pori Travel And Tours Ltd, Digital Marketing Executive
Position: Chief of Party
Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of, Tanzania, United Republic of, Tanzania, Dar Es Salaam
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) has over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector in managing their environment and natural resources. We have delivered innovative, breakthrough solutions in key development sectors including: countering wildlife crime, forestry, protected area management, climate change, economic livelihood development, community engagement, and institutional capacity building.
RTI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded Natural Resource Management activity. The purpose of the project is to support and strengthen capacity for biodiversity conservation.
The Responsibilities of the Chief of Party include:
- Effectively collaborate with, and build coalitions among, diverse stakeholders, including high level government officials, civil society organizations, international and local law enforcement agencies, local government units, private sector representatives, local communities, and universities and institutions; Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID and RTI’s home office;
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other countering wildlife trafficking initiatives, including those implemented by RTI and other organizations;
- Build innovate partnerships and promote sustainable initiatives;
- Administer the project’s financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with accounting principles and USAID regulations;
- Supervise staff and coordinate programs with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences;
- Manage any subcontracts and grants with local partners, ensuring the quality and timeliness of deliverables;
- Oversee performance monitoring and evaluation to ensure all project targets are met or exceeded – making recommendations for improvement in program implementation;
- Lead the team in effectively employing collaborating, learning, and adapting strategies throughout program implementation.
- Master’s degree in natural resources management/conservation or related field;
- Twelve years of experience in the implementation of large and complex projects relating to natural resources management and/or biodiversity conservation. Experience in a related technical area including conservation, tourism, private sector engagement, wildlife trafficking, or policy reform preferred;
- Five years proven leadership of mid-sized international donor programs with strong skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting;
- Five years’ experience working with senior government officials, private sector leaders, and other stakeholders in natural resources management and/or biodiversity conservation;
- Proven ability to engage and work with private sector partners on conservation initiatives;
- Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing, and leading multidisciplinary teams;
- Proven experience in adaptive management in conservation or similar programs;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in English required;
- Experience working in East Africa strongly preferred.