Digital Marketing Intern
Abel & Fernandes Communications
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Abel & Fernandes is an integrated marketing agency specialising in a strategic hybrid of traditional PR, SEO, Social media and media-rich content. Based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Abel & Fernandes has over 20 years of collective experience mentoring PR professionals and works with some of the most disruptive and innovative companies in the world. Abel & Fernandes actively seeks out people who embody our core values: integrity, creativity and agility.
Are you one of us?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, fast-learning digital marketing intern to join our growing team of Thinkers, Doers and Creators who shares the same passion in delivering effective digital marketing campaigns across a myriad of platforms.
You should be passionate about all things digital, willing to get stuck in and looking for a future career in PR & marketing or the event management industry. Whilst any marketing or event management experience would be a plus, we don’t expect you to be a marketing guru on arrival. We do, however, expect you to be eager to learn and willing to get involved in all aspects of our client work. Although you will on occasion be carrying out some administrative work, you’ll not be the office gopher – we’re looking for somebody that can add real value to our business. In return, you’ll learn plenty and get first-hand experience in an exciting industry.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Perform research into our clients’ industries and provide actionable tips and advice for expanding their reach in the digital space.
- Use storytelling and emotion to bring content to life and compel the reader to share. Own and execute the content and social calendar; work with our marketing and design teams to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Assist with capturing and analysing social media metrics, check/audit company and client social websites and digital platforms/communication channels. Playing close attention to trending news, ideas and memes, then capitalise on those trends through our and client social media accounts.
- Take over content creation for all of our company social media accounts, including organising cross-platform content strategies. Develop new social media campaigns from the ground up, considering our clients’ needs and their specific industries.
- Statistics: 70% of the hard-working and bright Interns get a job offer in our company.
Skills needed for success:
- Recent Graduate – (Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Public Relations/Communications preferred).
- Hardworking and dedicated outlook
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Flexible work schedule
- Familiarity with social media strategies and platforms
- Experience with content creation a plus, even if not professionally
- This unpaid internship position is anticipated to last for up to 3 months
Please send a covering letter and your CV to [email protected]