Digital Marketing Manager
Bongo Live is a cloud communications service provider based in Dar es Salaam with a presence across 18+ African markets (www.bongolive.africa). Our unique service provides enterprises the ability to reach and transact with customers across Africa via SMS, USSD, Airtime and Mobile Payments. Bongo Live has been named a Forbes Africa top 20 technology startup and has also been featured on Al-Jazeera and BBC Africa.
- Bongo Live is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager who will be responsible creating and implementing a digital marketing strategy for ideating and creating content and the digital assets in support of Bongo Live’s overall marketing strategy to drive consumer engagement, demand and revenue. The work is challenging, fast-paced and always changing. You have experience developing brand stories, strong communication skills, are creative, committed to generate quality content, have a collaborative work ethic and cutting edge digital marketing skills.
- The successful candidate will report to the head of operations and will work with other team members to implement the marketing strategy and ensure goals are achieved. S/he will specifically be responsible for creating and delivering innovative and engaging content with the marketing goal in mind (awareness, engagement, conversion) and in a tone that is tailored to the specific target audience.
Culture, Career Growth and Development
At Bongo Live, our most valuable resource is our people, the work environment is generally friendly, casual yet professional and quite diverse. We also have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have regular feedback on your performance and monthly reviews. We set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape and grow with a fast-paced growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
1. This is a full time or part time position
2. Location – Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
3. Open to all genders
4. Open to Tanzanian citizens.
5. Involves creating, sharing, tracking and managing digital content.
THIS POSITION IS FOR YOU IF:
- Have an eye for creating engaging content for a particular target audience.
- Are able to creatively and simply communicate and present technical aspects to an audience.
- You have excellent communication skills with an ability to prioritise and manage time
- Are able to work independently and proactively communicate internally and externally with respective stakeholders.
- Are a multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the Bongo Live mission.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues in various teams.
- Have experience creating and running lead generation and content marketing campaigns.
- Have experience creating web landing pages.
- Have experience with advertising via paid SEM and Social Channels.
- Have experience with SEO and aligning content to SEO strategy
- Have experience creating following on WhatsApp/LinkedIn/Facebook/Instagram.
- Ability to create and edit short/long form written content quickly in English and Swahili.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in the marketing field would be preferred, but not required. Your portfolio/projects/experience is as important, if not more, as academic qualifications.
Have experience running automated digital and content marketing campaigns
Basic graphic design or video editing experience; including tools such as Camtasia, Paint.NET &/or Photoshop.
Have prior experience marketing technology services
Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
WHAT WILL YOU DO ON A DAILY BASIS:
- Work closely with team members to develop and deliver online and offline content such as emails, social media messages, whatsapp, blogs, ebooks and user guides with the marketing goal in mind (awareness, engagement, conversion).
- Incorporate blog and social media posts in both websites and social media platforms like Facebook or LinkedIn
- Update website content
- Identify customers’ needs and recommend new topics
- Promote content on social networks and monitor engagement (e.g. comments and shares)
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimize content
- Create, Edit and proofread written pieces before publication
- Prepare well-structured content drafts using digital publishing platforms
- Research industry-related topics and target content to specific audiences focusing on latest trends
- Participate in planning and strategizing for inbound marketing campaign execution including content, content schedule, platforms and measurements
- Obtain customer testimonials and feedback.
- Ensure that benchmarks and goals for each campaign are reached