Digital Specialist at Legal Services Facility (LSF) – Volunteer
Dar es Salaam
Legal Services Facility (LSF)
Legal Services Facility (LSF) is a basket fund established in 2011 as a non-profit organization that strives to increase access to justice for all.
Dar es salaam, Tanzania
POSITION: DIGITAL SPECIALIST
TYPE OF CONTRACT: VOLUNTEER
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
1.0 JOB PURPOSE
The Digital Specialist volunteer works closely with Communication Officer and under the supervision of the Resource Mobilization and Communications Manager to create engaging content for LSF’s social media presence, including keeping social media channels updated and brand-focused and seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences.
The key function of the Digital Specialist is to provide expertise in managing all LSF digital handles, including graphic designing, photography, and videography. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam.
2.0 REPORTING LINES
- Direct supervision of the Resources Mobilization and Communications Manager
3.0 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for designing all organization’s internal and external communications, including social media artworks, publications, fliers’ artwork, etc.
- Proactively create social media content (stories, photos, advocacy images, contests, campaigns, audio, video, infographics, etc.) in cooperation with the Communication team and adapt for media pitching, web, and social media, posting daily to respective channels.
- Must have the ability to develop legal/ access to justice content, drive the conversation on the social page, and appeal to various stakeholders, including donors, government, and common mwananchi.
Social media management
- Continuously update and implement the LSF social media strategy.
- Management of social media calendar and content plans of content themes and all upcoming coverage schedules according to the calendar.
- Prepare social media packs for flagship events, initiatives, and campaigns.
- Actively engage with online audiences through social media channels.
- Manage on daily bases all LSF social pages, including FB, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Boast the page and content through paid advertisements.
Website update and content management
- Manage website daily and works to improve website performance continuously; ensure key deadlines are met for the dissemination of time-sensitive content.
- Generate and analyze reports on web traffic and KPIs using Google Analytics, Hoot suite, and other social media-focused analytics channels.
Management of the Haki Yangu App
- Monitoring of the performance of the App.
- Promoting the App.
- Development of the report.
Photography and Videography
- Manage photography and videography in all events.
- Ability to take good photos.
Applicants should have the following competencies; –
- The preferred candidate should have a Degree /Advance Diploma in Digital Management, Public Relations, Media studies, Journalism, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), or their equivalent from a recognized University.
Minimum Technical Skills and Expertise:
- Strong English and Swahili Language Command, Conversant with both language English and Swahili, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated technical experience having worked in a similar position, preferably in an l NGO or private sector.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in Artwork Designing, content development, photography, videography, and social media management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) complex issues concisely, compellingly, and easily understandable, including the ability to analyze and draft policy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in positions requiring diplomacy in communicating with broad and diverse audiences.
- Well-developed research, interview, and analysis skills.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and other graphics apps, MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint or Comparable software, MacBook Pro, and Sony Camera.
- Administratively self-sufficient. Highly flexible and excellent at working closely with others over geographical distances.
- Candidates must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
- Professionalism: Strong expertise in developing and producing multimedia content for digital platforms to increase media reach and visibility effectiveness.
- Audience Orientation: the ability to understand audience needs to provide user-friendly and attractive content that effectively meets audience interests.
- Planning and Organizing: Ability to plan some ideas for content development as per the organization’s activities schedule both internally and externally, work to tight deadlines, handle concurrent requests, and manage conflicting priorities.
- Communication: Good spoken and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical information and prepare written documentation clearly and concisely.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in multicultural settings.
How to Apply :