Human Resource Manager – Digital Transformation
Dar es Salaam , Tanzania | Posted on 11/23/2020
Job Purpose This role reports to the Managing Director and is key in the design and implementation of the Country’s HR digital transformation initiatives. You will lead the delivery of the Country’s people agenda, ensuring the required HR strategies and services that support the Country’s performance and outcomes are met. As a member of the Management team you will take collective responsibility for the leadership of the company.
- Understanding of local labor laws and global trends in digital transformation and employee engagement;
- Formulates and executes the HR strategy, policy, plans and objectives working closely with the MD, other HODs and the Head of HR; –
- Meeting company’s business needs including identifying, recruiting and retaining key talent to inform succession and business expansion plans, organization effectiveness, staff engagement and productivity;
- Enhancing the right culture and creating ownership of the company’s vision, mission and values and driving change in line with business goals
- Provide effective manpower control, recruitment and training programs in order to ensure that the quality of HR is maintained at optimum level and contributes to the successful achievement of business objectives;
- Manages policies, processes and procedures that will guarantee the business of a healthy workforce (including employee wellness program) and productivity;
- Keeps abreast of the trends in labour laws and practices to ensure compliance and adoption of best practice;
- Managing all issues around employee relations promptly including negotiating Collective Bargaining Agreements of recognized unions in the best interest of all parties;
- Ensures the job evaluation process, conducts salary and benefits surveys and recommends appropriate action so as to remain competitive; – Preparing the quarterly HR data and performance measurement reports to Management
- Managing the HR team ensuring that they are clear about expected standards of performance, are engaged and developed to provide professional HR Services;
- Responsible for ensuring competitive Medical and Insurance cover for the employees
- Present the HR Agenda to the Board through the Human Resources Committee.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Attributes –
- A University degree in Human Resource and Professional qualifications in HR;
- 10 years’ experience in HR, last five (5) as HR Business Partner or HR Manager;
- Experience in managing change, planning, budgeting, and executing HR strategies in an organisation going through digital transformation; –
- Post Graduate qualification in human resources or equivalent by experience;
- Good understanding of Labour Laws and best practices in people management.