Director, Finance and Administration:
Position Title : Director, Finance and Administration
Reporting to : Deputy Secretary General
Duty Station : Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration : years renewable contract
Age limit : Not above 50 years
Salary Package : Attractive and competitive remuneration
Posts : 1
The Director of Finance and Administration will be a strategic thought-partner and a hands-on and a participative leader responsible for the financial and administrative business management of TRCS. This position is responsible for resource mobilization, accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, tax compliance, investments, human resources management, administrative functions, risk management and audit functions of TRCS and report to the Deputy Secretary-General.
The Director of Finance and Administration will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as TRCS continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
- i) Holder of a graduate Degree in accounting/Finance or Business administration.
- ii) Holder of professional Accounting qualification – CPA (T), ACCA or ICMA
iii) Registered as either an authorized accountant/auditor or associated certified Public
- Team Player with demonstrated good communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to interact affectivity with partners/donors and related stakeholders.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Computer applications.
- Proven skills and experience in resources mobilization.
- At least 7-10 years of overall professional experience; ideally 6+ years of broad financial and operations management experience
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination and has demonstrated experience in human resources management at a senior managerial position.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with — programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- A track record in grants and project management
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasked with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of TRCS
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the DSG; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors through its finance committee.
Human Resources, Technology and Administration:
- Further develop TRCS’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
Mode of Application: Interested candidates with the required qualifications and experience are advised to submit their application letters to the address mentioned below; together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of at least three referees; certified copies of academic certificates; Birth Certificate or National ID or Passport (Provide only one document) and other relevant awards.
Applications may be submitted directly by hand delivery to either TRCS Headquarter – Dar es Salaam Office;TRCS Kigoma Office; TRCS Ngaraganza Office – Kasulu District; TRCS Makere Office – Kasulu District, TRCS Kibondo – RFL Office and TRCS Mtendeli Office – Kakonko District.
No applications will be received/considered through email or any other form of online submission.
The deadline for submission is 24thJanuary 2020 by 16.00 Hrs.
Only short listed candidates meeting the minimum set criteria will be invited for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: email@example.com.
The Secretary General, Tanzania Red Cross Society, Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni B, Plot No. 53, Block ‘C’, P.O Box 1133, DAR ES SALAAM
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.