Position: Director of People and Culture
Duty station: South Africa or one of other country offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Tanzania
Hours: Full-time position;
Reporting to: Regional Director of Africa
Start date: As soon as possible
Travels: Some occasional international travel post COVID-19
Salary package: Competitive salary, plus benefits (medical insurance and annual performance-based bonus).
DRS is seeking for an experienced Director of People and Culture on behalf of an international organization working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. They partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services.
The Director of People and Culture (Africa) will be a senior leadership role within the firm overseeing the Talent and Culture function for over 100 staff across our rapidly growing Africa offices in Addis Ababa, Dar es Salaam, Johannesburg, Kigali, Lagos, and Nairobi. Reporting to the Regional Director of Africa and liaising with colleagues across the globe, this role will manage a growing team of 5-7 professionals in the People function.
You are a passionate business leader who understands how business value can be created by attracting, managing, and growing the best talent, and you are energized by creating an inclusive culture where talent can thrive. As the leader of the People and Culture team across the company, your primary responsibility will be to understand business objectives, develop a talent and culture strategy that can achieve those objectives, and work with junior colleagues to execute the strategy.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Degree (Bachelor and/or Master’s) in a relevant area (economics, marketing, business and administration) and not only;
- At least 10 years of experience in leading roles as an experienced business executive operating in large PRIVATE companies, INGO and NGO across Africa;
- Proven managerial and leadership experience, in roles such as Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer/Head of Operations, Head of Business Division etc; and in managing large teams (over 100 staff);
- Demonstrated track-record in elaboration of effective strategies in talent attraction, recruitment, development, motivation, and retention in a fast-paced culture;
- Track record of achievements in operations management: people development, HR, recruitment, finance, project management etc;
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging business challenges possessing a deep understanding of the differences in work environments across the Southern, East and West Africa countries;
- Ability to work with all levels of management and to influence and support development of recommendations that are effective and productive;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Asset: conversational level of French.
Given the focus of the role on the Africa region, preference will be given to African nationals and diaspora.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
How to apply
Due to the high number of applications received via DevelopmentAid website, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only. Please note that the above requirements can be modified during the recruitment process according to client’s procedures. Applications and updated CV should be submitted to [email protected], under the title: DRS ref. number 11078.