Tanzania Private Sector Foundation (TPSF) is an apex and focal private sector members based organization, which seeks to promote effective engagement with government and other stakeholders in developing policy and conducive environment for doing business and developing the country. TPSF therefore commands significant influence and credibility both locally and internationally. It boasts a unique position as the government’s partner, which makes her a key player in policy formulation, public private partnership (PPP implementation), coordination of high-level public-private dialogue (PPD’s) platforms and National Budget. TPSF has thus stood tall and bold on many advocacy issues of national and sectoral importance.
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS AND ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT
STAFF JOB DESCRIPTION
|UNIT||PROGRAMS AND ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT|
|REPORTING TO||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR|
- The purpose of the position is to provide overall leadership to the directorate in terms of long term strategic visioning that will attract relevant enterprise development programs and projects as part of TPSF’s institutional/financial sustainability and private sector development strategy.
- A graduate degree in Business Management, Economics, Finance or other relevant discipline. (Post-graduate credentials will be added advantage)
- A post graduate degree in Project Management, Entrepreneurial Studies, Marketing or Business Development.
- The candidate must have a minimum often years of relevant experience including in the NGO’s.
- Experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of enterprise development programs.
- A sound conceptual understanding of private sector organizations and private sector development in Tanzania is essential.
- Ability to follow through a project timeline and a character of being a complete start – finisher
- Excellent team player with great interpersonal skills
- Good communication, presentation and writing skills and Excellent facilitation skills
- Able to interact with officials at the highest levels of government, civil society, international organizations and the private sector
- Computer literate especially in Project Management Software.
- Excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills
- Fluent in English and in Kiswahili
- Good knowledge of how to use computer is essential especially Project Planning Software like Ms Project, Ms Excel etc.
- Provide leadership to all existing and upcoming programs and projects in terms of resources including human resource, financial, and other resources.
- Identify new projects/programs for TPSF, and take the lead in proposal writing and any other programs related to programs fund raising activities
- Oversee the implementation of all projects/programs within TPSF and monitor closely budgets and work-plans including maintaining and tracking the Monitoring Framework and Result Chain. At all times ensure the projects/programs are on course and consistent with the agreed terms.
- Ensure and maintain quality assurance and facilitate effective project monitoring and evaluation for all projects.
- Prepare appropriate reporting format for Program Management progress to internal and external stakeholders.
- Design and develop a Capacity Building Program to deliver governance, strategic planning, financial management, and human resource management training to boards, management and staff for groups, associations and cooperatives in different sectors, as income generating activity.
- Maintain effective coordination with Ministry Department Agencies (MDAs) and other government organs responsible for the implementation of the relevant empowerment project and at all times articulate the position of TPSF in a clear and concise manner.
- Lead the selection, assessment, training and business planning for the MSMEs in coordination with the Executive Director to be included in any Development Partners (DPs) funded project/program
- Other assigned tasks by Executive director.
- Generate Incomes for TPSF through programs as per annual business plan.
Public image and branding
- Physically and regular visits to stakeholders and ensure stakeholders’ continued interest and satisfaction with TPSF’s role, goals and functions and create intrinsic value in your visits.
- Continuously suggest creative/innovative methods for effectively branding TPSF
- Accounting and budget management and administration
- Preparation of annual financial plan and budget for the directorate, plus progress tracker.
- Make recommendations on the measures for improving operations of TPSF.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI)
This position is key to TPSF with a key role of ensuring Institutional and financial sustainability through development of new projects and programs. The incumbent drives the business development process for the Directorate and collaborates closely with other departments (Finance, Advocacy, Policy and Human Resources) to ensure effective bid development. In particular, the following specific KPI’s are expected to be achieved: –
- A market-informed enterprise business development plan that guides opportunity targeting, positioning, capture and proposal preparation for different economic sectors in Tanzania as approved by the Management and Board.
- Well-managed and closely supervised new projects and programs as to the satisfaction of the Management, Board and Development Partners.
- Competitive and, ultimately successful, three (3) proposals per annum are implemented.
- Achievement of the set targets for the Key Performance indicators as they may be set by management.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be addressed and submitted to the following email address
Tanzania Private Sector Foundation
1288 Mwaya Road, Msasani Peninsula
P. O. Box 11313
DAR ES SALAAM
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 March 202