THE UNITED AFRICAN UNIVERSITY OF TANZANIA (UAUT) is a private institution of Higher Learning Institution founded by the Registered Trustees of Korea Church Mission (KCM), with the objective of alleviating poverty and promoting growth through raising Tanzanian Christian leaders who are equipped with excellence in wisdom, knowledge and Christian virtues. The responsibility of the day to day running of UAUT is vested upon the University Council with the Vice Chancellor as the main link between the Board of Trustees and University Council. UAUT obtained The Certificate of Full Registration (CFR) from Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) since 2012.
The following vacant positions are available for application at UAUT:
Director Of Quality Assurance & Control (1 POSITION)
QA Director Qualifications/Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytic skills
- Collaboration skills
- Product management skills
- QA process skills
- Computer knowledge and skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- PhD in appropriate discipline (education qualification preferred)
- Experience with QA measuring and testing equipment
- Three to five years’ experience as QA officer
- Knowledge of health & safety requirements and legal standards
- Working knowledge of quality system requirements
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Project Management and Analytics software
The Director of Quality Assurance of UAUT is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor in the general superintendence over the academic and administrative affairs of the Quality Assurance Directorate which include the following:
- Development of a quality assurance policy
- Supervising the overall implementation of the Quality Assurance and Control policy of UAUT in conformance with Standards and Guidelines for University Education in Tanzania issued by TCU.
- Ensuring and controlling the quality of academic delivery at UAUT at all stages, including admission, course delivery, assessment, staffing and infrastructures as per UAUT policies and guidelines.
- Spearheading and coordinating internal self-evaluation of both academic and support provisions in the University;
- Analysis of self-evaluation reports and identification of issues arising thereof that need attention for improvement and conduct self-assessment programs that have completed their cycle and develop a self-assessment manual
- Facilitation of external evaluation of the University and accreditation of academic programmes by statutory and accreditation bodies;
- Monitoring implementation of recommendations arising from internal and external evaluations and moderations;
- Planning and overseeing the training of new and existing staff in Quality Assurance and Control Policies and Procedures.
- Preparing and coordinating periodic induction workshop for new members of offices of the university in collaboration with DVC (ARC) and DVC (FA).
- Conduct annual evaluation of the University’s Strategic Plan
- Preparation of check lists of procedures for performance evaluation and set up a Quality Assurance Implementation Committee
- Keep stakeholders: staff, students and regulators well informed of the provisions for QA, evaluation results, efforts made and recommendations periodically
- Analyze past accreditation reports of the University and highlight areas of remediation preparatory for next exercise
- Monitor and assess quality, adequacy and currency of facilities and resources in Colleges and Departments
- Monitor and ensure compliance to academic brief, staff student ratio, quality and mix, teaching and research quality and administer and analyze results of teaching Portfolio Instruction
- Develop a blueprint for the systemic development of the University and update criteria and format for assessing teaching quality and effectiveness through peer group and student review
- Ensure and oversee development of Instructional Technology and participate in the review of academic programme curricular of the University and evaluation of proposal for new academic programmes
- Participate in the preparation of the University’s Annual Budget and organize regular capacity building and skill acquisition for academic and non-academic staff; and
- Carry out all other duties assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline 21st September 2020