Director of Safety & Loss Prevention
Due to work permits challenges we will only accept candidates who are of Tanzanian National (Tanzanians)
The Director of Security has responsibility for the day to day security force of the property to ensure the safety and security of all guests, personnel and property.
• Manage and supervise the day to day security force of the property to ensure the safety and security of all guests, personnel and property. This relates to both full time security employees and the contracted Secuirty Force Agents.
• Select, train, schedule, discipline and direct security personnel in all aspects of security policies and procedures. Review and conduct performance evaluations for Security staff.
• Responsible for the detailed production and implementation of all Security Policies and Procedures, and Crisis/Emergency Plans, including obtaining input on local laws or similar requirements. This may include but is not limited to: Emergency Response and Crisis Management, Physical Security, Information Protection, Incident Management and/or Investigation, Lost and Found, Medical Emergencies, Master Key Control, First Aid and CPR training.
• Prevent situations that could jeopardize the reputation of the Lodge. Investigate crimes committed against the Lodge, guests, and employees. Should criminal cases occur in the Lodge, assists Police with their investigation work. Document all incidents occurring in the Lodge in connection with crime, subversions, potential liabilities and insurance requirements including the completion and filing of theft/loss/damage reports, incident reports and electronic security logs.
• Performs incident analysis and investigation relative to all incidents with advice and closure to all responsible management.
• Assist Lodge staff in handling of unusual guest or employee problems, such as, but not limited to, disorderly conduct, thefts, suicides, bomb threats, employee or guest accidents, fire or safety hazards, robberies, terrorist activities, civil disturbance, power or elevator failures, medical assistance and natural disasters.
• Handle and resolve all guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner and to establish an amicable relationship with all clients, customers and guests of the Lodge.
• Keep abreast of developments and trends within the lodge, industry and community as they relate to security as well as act as a liaison with local law-enforcement agencies. Update management on any risk or threat that could impact Lodge business.
• Remain informed of current National and local laws and regulations as they relate to the Lodge, particularly in areas of guest, patron and employee rights
• Take responsibility for development and implementation of Lodge Fire and Emergency procedures, all training related to the Lodge’s emergency procedures, and conducting periodic staff Fire drills and fire response training for the Emergency Response team.
• Develop a yearly budget for the department.
• Control the key inventory, lock system, alarm system, and fire protection system.
• Act as Chairman of the Safety Committee in the Lodge.
• The ability to respond properly in any Lodge emergency or safety situation.
• The ability to execute all tasks of a security officer.
• Create and coordinate safety and security training and activities .
• Communicate clearly and concisely, within the Security department, with other Lodge departments and with the PC members.
• Adhere to legal methods at all times, including while utilizing security equipment, administering policies and procedures of law enforcement and during investigations.
• Evaluate situations, make decisions, and react quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
• Be able to administer the enforcement of policies, procedures, regulations and laws firmly, tactfully, and with respect for the rights of others
• Be able to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with a diverse group of individuals, both internal and external.
• Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner at all times. Adhere to the established standard of conduct and house rules, fire regulations and department procedures and policies.
• Dress in issued uniform and ensure a neat, clean and tidy appearance at all times.
• Conducts regular operational meetings to review, monitor, adjust and upgrade the performance of the Department as a whole, explaining new directions and policies and procedures at the same time.
• Conducts frequent front and back of house checks ensuring the Lodge policies, procedures, and safety standards are followed and takes appropriate action where necessary.
• Prepares various monthly reports as required by the General Manager or Director of Engineering.
• Is responsible for conducting site reviews, writing audit/review reports, reviewing findings, and making recommendations to line management and /or their security coordinators. Ensure a follow up is done on the recommendations given to the departments.
• Responsible for ensuring all Luggages is delivered to the guest rooms when the guests arrive and collect the luggage at Departure from the guest room. Ensure the team is well trained on all luggage handling procedures including adhering to the P&P’s
• Ensuring all security members are scheduled well so that all posts are covered as per agreed timings
• Carry out Bi Monthly Fire drills, Monthly Fire fighting class and Monthly Fire Warden meeting. Ensure all results of the drill are discussed, corrective action put in place.
• Monitors and evaluates unit performance on key security issues and programs; recommend corrective action programs where appropriate.
• Develops and implements training program for security staff and conducts safety training and briefings for other departments.
• Complies with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Employee handbook.
• Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors