Disability Project Officer
LOCATION Dar es Salaam
DEADLINEJuly 3rd, 2019 TIME: 12pm
Job Category: Consulting
Job Type: Part Time (4months)
Reports to: Country Director
Location: Dar es Salaam
The consultancy would be for an estimated total of 60 working days from July 2019 to October 2019.
Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) is an International Non Profit Organisation, headquartered in Ottawa, Canada with local operations around the globe including Tanzania. Harnessing the power of youth, DOT transforms young people into leaders of change through social innovation, community leadership and digital championship, as they facilitate technology, business, and entrepreneurial learning experiences to people in their own communities. The impact of DOT Tanzania’s programs has reached over 20,000 youth and women in the communities and TVET’s, helping them to develop both entrepreneurial spirit, technology and business skills that will last a lifetime. More information about the organisation can be found at www.tanzania.dotrust.org
DOT Tanzania is recruiting for a part-time Project Officer on inclusive entrepreneurship for youth with disabilities. Please note that the duties and responsibilities would contribute to two different Activities: 1. To coordinate the successful delivery of DOT Tanzania’s Entrepreneurship Development Program for Youth with Disabilities project pilot. 2. To design a more inclusive, wide-scale full project that is set to begin November, 2019. Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) Tanzania has an ambition to be more inclusive. This ambition led to the implementation of the pilot project “Entrepreneurship Development Program for Youth with Disabilities (EDP4YD)” with the aim of empowering people with physical disabilities in entrepreneurship, business , ICT skills and hard skills training. EDP4YD is DOT Tanzania’s innovative pilot project that intends to be inclusive of youth with disabilities in entrepreneurship development programs. While entrepreneurship is flourishing well in Tanzania, it is not inclusive and therefore, there are groups that have been left behind. Of particular importance are persons with disabilities (PwDs) and women. DOT Tanzania’s beginning of a transformational journey to become a more inclusive organization that breaks barriers that have acted as an opposing force to delivering life changing entrepreneurship programs to youth with disabilities. The pilot is supported by an eleven-month pilot project-specific grant from the National Lottery Community Fund (NLCF).
• To coordinate DOT Tanzania’s EDP4YD project
• Lead the development and integration of new program implementation plans that include recommendations for actionable improvement change in youth and disability empowerment.
• Take technical lead in the development of phase 2, Project Proposal, and review relevant manuals, curricula and training for the implementation.
• To ensure that programme outputs are delivered to the expected level of quality, through managing relationships with stakeholders including government offices, and ensuring project outcomes and impact are achieved.
• Support collaboration and communication efforts of government, Disability People Organisations and private sector actors to support and facilitate dialogues.
• Provide support as needed to conduct evaluations of the current disability support frameworks through research and in-country interviews.
• Lead Pilot Project Dissemination workshop to relevant counterpart networks.
• Other activities as requested by Country Director
We are looking for a professional with at least 2 years experience delivering programmes for vulnerable groups; working in education and empowerment programs with people with disabilities. You will need experience of project design, coordinating projects, community engagement, reporting, and strong monitoring and evaluation skills.
To apply for this position, please submit the following:
• A 1000 words summary outline on best practices and recommendations for engaging youth with disabilities in Tanzania.
• Covering letter
• CV (not more than 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than: 12pm on Wednesday July 3rd, 2019. Please include Disability Project Officer – DOT TANZANIA in the subject line of your email.
This position is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund (NLCF). The NCLF are based in the UK and fund disability programmes throughout East Africa, distributed through the East Africa Disability Fund (EADF), enabling people with disabilities to improve their livelihoods in Tanzania and Uganda. For more information about NLCF please visit:www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk
TO APPLY CLICK HERE