Position: DISTRICT CLINICAL & STRATEGIC INFORMATION MANAGER
Project: AFYA KWANZA
Location: DAR ES SALAAM
Reports to: DISTRICT PROJECT MANAGER
The District Clinical and SI Manager (DCSIM) will be responsible for providing overall technical support in program implementation and SI activities at district and facility site level. She/he will responsible to the DPM and will work in close collaboration with the relevant district level health management teams in program implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- CLINICAL SERVICES SUPPORT:
- Under the technical supervision of the DPM, the DCSI manager provides the strategic information leadership to the supported programs including PMTCT, C&T, TBHIV integration, Quality Improvement, Early Infant Diagnosis, Laboratory Support, Supply Chain Management and Community Linkages in the assigned district.
- Coordinates, manages and builds capacity of district CHMTs in program management including monitoring and evaluation.
- The DCSI manager will act as the focal person for strategic information focusing on clinical services including TB/HIV integration, care and treatment, PMTCT and EID and pediatric care and treatment and assures that related activities are implemented as per MDH and district work plan;
- DCSI manager shall support the District Project Manager for the timely development of efficient work plans for the districts and the monitoring of the progress of planned targets, budgets and activities to ensure they are accomplished in effective, economic and efficient manner.
- Responsible for the effective planning and documentation of the communication and support provided to respective district, including but not limited to supportive supervision and mentorship
- Work with existing and potential implementing partners in PMTCT, HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment services
- Work with senior leaders, managers and grants team in developing and reviewing district sub-grantees’ proposals on target setting, financial budget management and adequate allocation of resources;
STRATEGIC INFORMATION SUPPORT:
- Strongly related to assuring the technical performance, under the supervision of District Project Manager, the DCSI manager shall work closely with M&E and strategic information department in assuring data capturing, recording, storage, usage, data quality and reporting quality and in using M&E for effective program management
- Responsible in coordinating program monitoring and reporting activities for Care &Treatment, TB/HIV, Prevention, Community linkage and PMTCT programs by districts at site level
- Provide technical assistance in strengthening the national and district M&E system for both care and treatment, TB/HIV, Community based care and PMTCT
- Build capacity of site staff and district clinical monitors to set a functional groundwork for efficient data collection, compilation, use and timely reporting at site and district level
- Support the implementation of the SOP for how data for each indicator are to be collected, managed, verified and used at each level of the health information system.
- Coordinate district and site level reporting activities during reporting period.
- Perform a final review and verification of the quality and completeness of the quantitative monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports from respective district and sites.
- Facilitate utilization of reports at site level and district level for program planning, management, monitoring and evaluation
- In collaboration with the strategic information department, participate in periodic data quality assessment activities to track progress in data management at individual sites.
- Conduct secondary analysis of data and writing conference abstracts and manuscripts for publication.
- Liaising with the Evaluation and Research Manager in identifying areas for operational research.
- Performing any other work related duty assigned by supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- Medical Doctor degree with current Medical Council of Tanzania registration
- Master of Public Health or Epidemiology or its equivalent.
- Three or more years of experience working in HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs
- Experience working with CHMT
- Experience in M & E and Data Management
- Experience in data collection tools and data quality methodologies
- Leadership skills to plan, coordinate, organize, interact and deliver best results to achieve targets
- Experience in preparing project workplan and budget
- Experience in reading, analyzing and reporting data to assist in determining progress and decision-making processes
- Experience in working, supporting and building capacity of data coordinators and data clerks
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 8th March 2021, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail [email protected]. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note MDH don’t have any recruitment agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates