Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
MDH in collaboration with Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Kigamboni and Ubungo Municipal Councils invites suitable candidates to apply for the following posts under the Council Directors.
JOB TITLE: District Data Coordinator (1 Position)
WORK STATION: Kinondoni Municipal Council
REPORTS TO: District AIDS Control Coordinator
District Data Coordinator will be a key technical person in coordinating and supervising data collection and reporting system of all HIV and AIDS interventions supported by MDH in the respective district. S/He will play a central role in the implementation of data management and quality control activities and ensure timely production and submission of reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, modifying , and maintaining database entry and cleaning programs in the respective district
- Developing data input controls, range and logic checks, and other data management processes based on input from other team members
- Ensuring the accuracy of data entry, and collaborate with study-specific data supervisors to resolve data entry issues
- Design, modify, generate, and maintain database reports using SAS and Microsoft Access in collaboration with other District Data Coordinators.
- Training data team in the use of data entry and cleaning programs
- Training Data Supervisors to develop and implement ad hoc queries; and provide them with technical assistance in running data cleaning programs, to resolve discrepancies in data entry
- Performing SAS programming to manipulate and clean data, create variables and format libraries, develop queries in SAS for data cleaning, and prepare analysis datasets; analyze and tabulate data; and create graphic representations of statistical information
- Working with Data Supervisors to develop standard operating procedures for QA/QC, evaluation of data entry accuracy, and work performance of the data team staff members
- Developing relevant knowledge and skills through training and self-study; remain current on new trends in DBMS; and inform program development management
- Perform any other duty as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Advanced Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related field
- Minimum of two years of data management and /or programming
- Able to work with MS Access and Visual Basic or Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Experience in data management in both CTC, PMTCT, HTS and other HIV and AIDS interventions
- Able to generate reports from various data bases, meet deadlines and demonstrate good attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to meet deadlines.
- Experience in working in donor funded programs and clinical research trials will be an added advantage.
- Good leadership skills
- Good in both oral and written English and Kiswahili
- Committed to work and adheres to work regulations
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two referees.
Applications should be submitted by 04 December, 2020 to the SHRO, Dar es Salaam Sub-grantee through e-mail email@example.com or drop by hand at MDH HQ, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Mikocheni area (B) 802 Mwai Kibaki road near New Regency Park Hotel.
Please note: 1. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No Applicant is supposed to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment process.