Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
Afya Kwanza Project Vacancies; December 2020
Position: DISTRICT DATA OFFICER
Project: AFYA KWANZA
Reports to: DISTRICT PROJECT MANAGER
District Data Officer is a key person in the district to ensure Afya Kwanza data collection, organization, reporting and use. She/he is responsible for maintaining databases in all facilities including troubleshooting challenges reported by data officers. DDOs oversees and supports data officers to undertake their routine tasks on day to day basis.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Developing, modifying, and maintaining databases in the respective district.
- Developing data input controls, range and logic checks, and other data management processes based on input from other team members.
- Ensuring the accuracy of data entry and collaborate with study-specific data supervisors to resolve data entry issues.
- Designing, modifying, generating, and maintaining database reports using Microsoft Access in collaboration with other District Data Officers.
- Training data team in the use of data entry and cleaning programs.
- Training Data Supervisors to develop and implement ad hoc queries; and provide them with technical assistance in running data cleaning programs, to resolve discrepancies in data entry.
- Perform programming to manipulate and clean data, create variables and format libraries, develop queries for data cleaning, and prepare analysis datasets; analyse and tabulate data; and create graphic representations of statistical information.
- Working with Data Supervisors to develop standard operating procedures for QA/QC, evaluation of data entry accuracy, and work performance of the data team staff members.
- Monitor district progress on weekly basis and work with district project manager to report on weekly and monthly district performance.
- Mentor facility staff on data analysis and reporting to ensure data driven decision making.
- Developing relevant knowledge and skills through training and self-study; remain current on new trends in DBMS; and inform program development management.
- Any other duty as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Requirements: Education, work experience and skills:
- Advanced Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related field.
- Minimum of two years of data management and or programming
- Able to work with MS Access and Visual Basic or Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Good in both oral and written English and Kiswahili
- Able to work independently and in team
- Able to generate reports from various data bases
- Experience in working in working in donor funded programs and clinical research trials will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 11th January, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.