District Laboratory Coordinator
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
Dar-Subs January 2021 Vacancies
MDH in collaboration with Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Kigamboni and Ubungo Municipal Councils invites suitable candidates to apply for the following posts under the Council Directors.
JOB TITLE: District Laboratory Coordinator (01 Position)
WORKSTATION: Temeke Municipal Council
REPORTS TO: District AIDS Control Coordinator (DACC)
Provides technical assistance to MDH-project supported Laboratories in the District and provision of high-quality clinical laboratory services.
- Provide technical assistance and supportive supervision to the laboratories at regional, district and health center facility levels.
- Assist the laboratories to provide adequate and reliable testing services to support HIV and TB care and treatment services in the region.
- Work closely with other units, District Health authorities and other implementing partners to ensure adequate coordination and efficient utilization of resources for effective laboratory services in the region.
- Assist in the development of laboratory policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that will ensure implementation of activities of management, quality assurance, personnel performance evaluation and documentation to assure compliance and adherence to regulatory guidelines.
- Assist in the implementation, monitoring, and documentation of laboratory test results including follow-up on abnormal results and critical values.
- Provide logistical support for the procurement and ordering of laboratory reagents and supplies.
- Assist in the preparation of reports on logistic management of reagents and consumables in order to improve supply management.
- Assist in development of continuous training programs focusing on laboratory testing, QA/QC, GLP and safety.
- Assist the laboratories to implement and maintain ISO 15189 laboratory accreditation standards.
- Support the laboratories to properly implement data management practices and ensure accurate and reliable reports and data are generated.
- Ensure preparation of monthly and quarterly reports and submission to the appropriate authority.
Education and Professional qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in health laboratory sciences or biomedical laboratory sciences.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in working at laboratory project management in the HIV/TB Care and Treatment settings.
- Vast experience on implementing QMS for the laboratory ISO 15189 accreditation standard.
- Ability to collaborate with government health management teams and other partners.
- Ability to work both as an individual and as a team with minimum supervision.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two referees.
Applications should be submitted by Monday 1st February, 2021 to the SHRO, Dar es Salaam Sub-grantee through e-mail [email protected] or drop by hand at MDH HQ, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Mikocheni area (B) 802 Mwai Kibaki road near New Regency Park Hotel.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No Applicant is supposed to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment process.