CAMFED (the Campaign for Female Education) is internationally recognised as a leader in education for girls, for its child protection policy and practise, and as a voice for girls’ education and women’s empowerment at the highest levels. Founded in 1993, CAMFED supports young women throughout their primary and secondary schools years, into economic training and further education, and onto leadership, as role models, activists and philanthropists. CAMFED Tanzania is looking to recruit District Program Coordinators to fill vacant position in various districts which CAMFED operates.
|Job Title||DISTRICT PROGRAM COORDINATORS (4 Posts)|
|Accountable to||Program Officer|
|Location||Various districts in which CAMFED operates.|
As District Programs Coordinator, guided by CAMFED’s organisational policies and procedures, you are responsible for supporting the CDC’s operationalization of the CAMFED strategic plan in the designated district. This will include coordinating planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all CAMFED Operations in the district towards our core mission: to multiply educational opportunities for marginalised children (especially girls) and to develop the CAMA network as a vehicle for young women’s empowerment. This is also an exciting opportunity to play a key role in supporting young, rural women to build successful businesses, be economically independent and support the next generation of girls to go to school.
- Promotion, implementation, observance and adherence with the CAMFED Child Protection Policy in all district operations
- Administration of outlined support to targeted recipients i.e. clients, alumnae members , schools, communities and committees
- Administration seed money schemes i.e Grants and Loans. Awareness creation, managing Loans/Grants applications and keeping records of clients i.e. Contracts, Waivers, Repayments and database information
- Facilitate CAMA-CAMA business collaboration, trade and marketing strategy; for example by connecting new CAMA entrepreneurs to more experienced mentors/partners and supporting CAMA entrepreneurs in complementary sectors to work together
- Administration and management of BTEC i.e. assessments and capacity building to CAMA alumnae
- Coordinate support to structures governance and activities i.e. Teacher Mentors, Parent Support Groups, School Based Committees and CAMA Chapters
- Stay up-to-date with Government policies and opportunities within the district with regard to youth education and enterprise opportunities and share insights with the wider CAMFED team to ensure alignment.
- Support young women secure markets and raw materials for their products and services, coordinate and link entrepreneurs to business opportunities that will enhance their growth and scale
- Records maintenance for the CAMFED operations in the districts these include correspondences within, to and from the district, reports and minutes of activities conducted within the district or involving residents of the district e.g. letters from schools, CAMA, beneficiaries, CDC minutes, data for salesforce update etc
- Facilitating the preparation and submission to National Office work plans, budgets, activity reports, expenditures and financial statements on CAMFED operations in the district e.g. for CDC meetings, community outreaches, monitoring trips etc
- Promotion, implementation, observance and adherence with the CAMFED Procurement Policy
- Logistical arrangements/support for all district operations in the district
- E.g Invitations, accommodation and transport arrangements for workshop participants
- Conduct routine meetings, monitoring and verification exercises
- Scheduling appointments, meetings and personal appearances by the CDC/ any such persons as requested by organisation
- Coordinating external visits in the district: i.e. donors/ evaluators etc
- Supervising any support to volunteers (to include CAMA Guides and interns) and Ensure that CAMA District Centers are kept-up-to-date with learning resources and that young women are aware of training, funding and advisory services available to them.
- Coordinating the production, distribution and regular review of a district termly calendar of events
- Production of district monthly operations report against the provided for format
- Participate as a CAMFED staff member in provincial, national, regional and International engagements as requested
- Management of all CAMFED assets at the district office and CAMA Centres
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
Person Specifications Essential:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, Post-graduate Diploma in Business Management, Agribusiness, Veterinary, Fishery, Community Development or Economic Development.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Practical business experience and understanding of core business skills including financial record-keeping.
- Ideally first-hand experience of launching / growing your own business and/or of mentoring other businesses.
- Previous experience in supporting your community is an added advantage.
- Must have skills in using Microsoft office package
- Strong training skills and the ability to build a positive, supportive training environment
- Must have a proactive and problem-solving approach.
- Robust planning, management, and reporting skills; experience of line management a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills to liaise effectively with CAMFED Enterprise Development teams and external partners.
- Must have strong relationship management skills and the ability to connect with different people at all levels in society – particularly deepening partnerships within government entrepreneurship structures, private institutions and successful individual entrepreneurs for the benefit of CAMA.
- Able to work under pressure and as part of a team.
Do you feel you meet the criteria for this exciting opportunity? If so, please send your CV, academic certificates and covering letter to hrtanzania@CAMFED.org on or before 5th October 2020.